Banana Pancakes [F]

| more domestic fluff o3o

Warnings: none (food maybe)
Type: Fluff

Enjoy!! |

Skeppy couldn't quite place what woke him up first.

Maybe it was the soft tapping of the rain outside, maybe the hushed sounds coming from the kitchen, maybe the heavenly smell that settled in the house.

Whatever it was, it had him rolling out of bed, comforter around his shoulders.

He stumbled down the hall and into the kitchen, the smell of breakfast getting stronger. Along with the humming and sizzling he had heard from afar.

Bad stood over the stove, spatula in hand watching the pan carefully. Skeppy cracked a tired smile at the apron Bad tied around him.

He shuffled towards Bad, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his cheek on Bad's back.

"Oh! Good morning, Geppy." Bad said. His usual tone of voice was sickening first thing in the morning. How can someone be so cheerful so early?

"Mornin'..." Skeppy mumbled, nuzzling against Bad.

"Still tired, darling?"

Skeppy nodded.

"I made coffee if you want some. Otherwise you can wait for me to get done here." Bad motioned to the coffee maker which was half full.

Skeppy groaned and let Bad go, shuffling over to a cupboard and pulling out a mug. Bad had started humming again. Skeppy filled his mug and leaned against the counter. He opted for watching Bad and sipping his coffee.

The rain was going steady outside. It made for a nice rhythm Bad started swaying to. Skeppy smiled softly, his mug warming his exposed hands.

"What're you making?" Skeppy asked, sipping his coffee.

Bad paused his humming, looking over his shoulder and smiling. "Banana pancakes!" He turned back around and continued cooking.

Skeppy hummed and nodded, taking another sip from his mug. That's why it smells like absolute heaven.

Bad flipped a pancake, enjoying the way it sizzled and steam rose from the pan. "Almost done. Can you set out plates?" Bad looked to Skeppy, who nodded and set his mug on the counter he was leaning on.

Skeppy took two plates from a cupboard and two forks from a drawer, bringing them to the table nearby. After setting them down he returned to his spot, picking up his coffee.

Bad picked the pan up off the stove and dropped the three pancakes in it onto a plate, already stacked with others. Skeppy's mouth watered. "Carry the syrup for me?" Skeppy hummed in agreement. Bad didn't have to ask twice.

They sat at the table, making light conversation and enjoying the food Bad made. Skeppy ate most of the stack.

"You didn't have to make breakfast you know."

"I know but I wanted to. Plus we're not busy today." Bad glanced at a nearby window. The skies were painted grey and a steady downpour had made it's home in the streets.

They picked up the plates and washed the dishes in a comfortable silence. "We can watch some tv if you want." Bad suggested while handing Skeppy a soapy plate.

"Or we can go back to bed." Skeppy pointed out. He had put the comforter on the back of his chair, hoping Bad would want to go back to bed and he could just grab it on the way back.

Bad chuckled. "Sounds fine with me." Today was going to be a lazy day spent in bed. That was fine.

Skeppy lead Bad back to their room, remembering to grab the blanket from the chair. They crawled into bed and easily fell into a more than comfortable position. It was easy, being together. When you knew your partner like the back of your own hand, of course it was.

Bad ran his hands through Skeppy's hair, watching him slowly fall back asleep. Skeppy snuggled closer to Bad, nuzzling into his shirt. He breathed in, softly chuckling.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. You just smell like banana bread."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Of course it is."

And they fell back asleep. It was quiet, aside from the drumming of the rain and soft snores. It was going to be a lazy day.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
For today's content I bring you fluff
I hope you enjoyed :)
Word count: 696