Chapter 19: Sorry

~15 Days Until The Prophecy~

Alex

Four days after Ariella died, Alex heard the door bell ringing at seven thirty in the morning, and he was not impressed.

Seven thirty.

Didn't mortals like their sleep? Especially on the weekend.

If it was the milkman, Alex was going to vaporise the little shit.

He groaned as the door bell rang again, making him rub his bloodshot eyes and slip out of his bed, stumbling towards the hall.

Maybe he shouldn't have drank that whole bottle of whisky by himself last night.

Fuck it anyway.

He swung open the door.

"Look, Mister milkman, you better....." he trailed off.

It wasn't the milkman.

It was Felicity, standing in the doorway, in her Marvel pyjamas and bunny slippers, her black hair pulled up in a messy bun and she looked anxious.

"What do you want?" Alex snapped, confused and maybe a little scared as to why Felicity was here.

She rolled her eyes, unimpressed at his sharp attitude.

"Good morning to you too, Alex." she said, folding her arms.

He tried to ignore the fact that all she was wearing pyjama shorts and a tank top.

He ran a hand through his hair tiredly.

"I'm sorry...I'm just--"

"A little hungover?" she asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes, I mean--No! I am not hungover!" he lied, guilt washing over him for a reason that he couldn't explain.

"Look, don't try to deny it. Jack told me everything." she sighed, giving him a dark look.

He felt his jaw drop.

"And since when have you been talking to Jack?" he demanded, a pang of jealousy in his chest.

To his surprise, she blushed.

"That's none of your business! I just...look, you obviously have a hangover and I thought I'd drop by and give you these." she huffed, throwing a small rectangular box at him.

He caught it and stared blankly at it.

"What are these?" he asked, sounding a bit stupid.

"Jesus Alex, they're tablets for hangovers! They should make your headache go away!" she said, facepalming herself.

"Oh."

He looked back up at Felicity, noticing for the first time the black bags under her eyes.

"Have you been sleeping?" he asked quietly, making her look nervous.

"Why do you care?" she snapped, looking defensive.

Alex frowned at her.

"Felicity, it's not good for anybody to have sleeping issues--"

"I don't have sleeping issues! Jesus just leave me alone!" she said irritably.

He smirked at her.

"Liar. You have bags under your eyes."

She stared at him, her eyes shocked.

"That is certainly none of your concern!" she said indignantly, stamping her foot like a little kid.