Chapter 22: Rebirth

~14 Days Until The Prophecy~

Alex

Since his mind was slightly clouded, he ended up crash-landing into the small pond of the High Mountains, which ended up scaring the crap out of some unfortunate ducks.

The water was cold, and Alex sighed as he straightened himself up, glancing briefly down at Felicity. Noticing that her eyes were wide open, he used the tips of his fingers to push her eyelids down.

It made her look more peaceful.

"Alex!"

He jerked his head up and saw Twink sprinting towards him, her striped fingerless gloves on her waving hands.

Behind her was Zack, who looked anxious as to why Alex would be here right now, and bringing up the rear was Jack and Professor Dwiggin.

He started to slosh his way over to the bank of the lake, eventually reaching the edge and jumping out, Felicity still in his arms.

By the time his friends approached him, they knew.

A painful silence fell over them as they looked at the limp body in his arms.

Alex cleared his throat.

"Professor Dwiggin I need your assistance." he said quietly.

The old man looked at him with a weary expression on his face.

"Alexander.....think about this decision--"

"Professor we don't have much time." he snapped, his eyes blazing.

He was aware of everyone's eyes on him, but chose to ignore it because, he didn't care about how many people watched this.

All he cared about was getting her back.

Twink cleared her throat too.

"It might not work Alex. I mean....if her soul doesn't wish to return to her body--"

"It's going to work! It has to work!" Alex yelled, desperation in his strained voice.

"It's worth a try." said Jack slowly, scratching his head.

"But bringing somebody's soul back....it's dangerous work you know. I've witnessed it one or two times in my life and as far as I know, everyone here needs to make a pretty good sacrifice to Lucifer in order for him to let her soul return."

Everyone stared, wide eyed at Jack, because this was coming from the guy who didn't even know how to tie his own God damn shoelace.

Silence feel upon the group once more, and Alex's eye flicked over to Professor Dwiggin, who was stroking his beard and looking skeptical about the whole idea of bringing Felicity back. He looked up and his eyes locked with Alex's.

"Are you sure?" he mouthed at Alex, and Alex nodded, knowing the consequences of this deed.

Yes, bringing Felicity back was going to be a gamble, but he was willing to take the risk. Yes, the prophecy could surely be postponed--maybe even put to an end--if he let her go,

But that wasn't fair on her.

He thought about the painting that they had started together for her big competition, he thought about the life that the two if them could gave if they fought through the prophecy. If she came back, she would be a Necromancer, they could finally be together.

He cleared his throat.

"If anybody doesn't want to do this, then they can leave for all I care." he said sharply, his eyes scanning his friends.