Chapter 29: The Truth Of The Past Years

~10 Days Until The Prophecy~

Alex

When he stumbled into the secret room to where everybody was sitting, Twink jumped up and stormed over to him.

"Finally! You better have a good reason as to why you took a fucking hour with my chicken....." but the pink haired, short tempered, ex-sorcerer trailed off as she looked at Alex properly.

"....wings." she finished, but the room that had been buzzing with laughter and a happy atmosphere had long faded.

"Alex?" Rosaline stood up, her eyes concerned.

"Is that?—"

And then Felicity screamed, cutting Rosaline off, and making everybody jump, even causing Jack to fall off the desk he had been perched up on.

"Felicity no!" Alex cried as he held her close to his chest, but she continued to scream, covering her ears.

Professor Dwiggin stood up, his old wrinkled face, grim.

"Alexander, what is the meaning of this?" asked the Professor as he gave him an anxious look.

Alex shook his head.

"Professor.....Eugene....he...he...the serum..." Alex trailed off, unable to continue. His throat was dry, his words sticking in his esophagus and nearly choking him.

Slowly, he slipped one of his hands into his back pocket and took out one of the syringes that he had grabbed before he had left (careful to keep it out of Felicity's view, not that she was watching anyway).

Professor Dwiggin heaved a big sigh and took the syringe from Alex.

The old man sniffed it and shook his head.

"Forget-Me-Not serum definitely...but it appears to have been tampered with. I sense dark magic....Immundus standard...." Professor Dwiggin glanced at Felicity ( who had started crying once again).

"How much of this has been injected into her?" he asked, his voice quiet.

Alex didn't say anything. His silence was enough.

Professor Dwiggin shifted his gaze to look at everybody in the room.

"Zack, Twink, I will you to follow me down to the underground cellar. It appears that I will need your old potion brewing skills. Rosaline, I need you and Jack to go to the kitchen and retrieve the Soothing Syrup from the top left corner of the pantry. It won't do much, but hopefully it will at least weaken the shoots of pain that Miss Potts is currently receiving from the serum for a short period of time. Alexander, my dear boy...." he trailed off and gave him a sad look.

"You stay with Miss Potts until we figure out an antidote."