Chapter 12: Fear

~23 Days Until The Prophecy~

Fliss

She cried out as Professor Dwiggin ripped the tape off her mouth.

"Ow!" she squealed, her lips burning.

He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Miss Potts, but I figured that you would probably want that tape off you mouth."

She snorted.

"Yeah, you're right. That stupid Valentine had my apartment surrounded the minute Alex left." she grumbled, rubbing her sore mouth.

"Next thing I knew, she had me tied down and was dragging me to here." she sighed as Professor Dwiggin snapped his fingers, making shadows swirl around the rope around her hands and slowly making them disintegrate.

"Will I go to Hell if I say that I'm kind of glad that psycho Alex burned her to ashes?" she sighed as she wrung her wrists.

Professor Dwiggin tutted.

"I'm afraid that Alexander has now created a big problem for himself with the vampires. With Valentine gone, that means the vampries have a new leader of the clan."

Fliss shivered.

"Who takes her place? Is it that Gregory guy? Or how about Oscar?" she asked.

He chuckled darkly.

"Oh, I wish I could have the innocence that you do, Miss Potts."

She watched as he started to walk towards the bookshelf, his purple eyes scanning the hundreds of books.

"Do you know what the first rule of the vampire law is, Miss Potts?" he asked, snatching a large leather bound book from the shelf.

"Don't feast on mortals?" she asked, hazarding a guess.

He whipped around, the book open in his hands.

"Thou who kill the Vampire King or Queen may take the rightful place as the King or Queen themselves." he said, his voice grim.

She inahled sharply.

"How is that even possible?" she whispered, the blood draining from her face as the realisation sank in.

Professor Dwiggin snapped the book shut and placed it back neatly on the shelf.

"The good news is, with Alexander in control, the vampires will have no choice but to side with us," he said, not sounding happy at all.

She stayed silent, and he continued.

"The bad news is, well, Alexander's--what did you call it?--his psycho side is currently running the streets of your world and getting ready to kill anything in his path."

Fliss clenched her jaw.

"Then we need to find him, talk some sense into him."

The Professor shook his head.

"He will kill you. The dark side of Alexander is stronger than anything that I've ever known, and I've been around for a long time. His conscience is unreachable. I'm afraid we just have to wait for him to snap out of it and return."

Fliss marched over to the man, her eyes blazing, her face hot.

"Take me to him. Trust me Professor Dwiggin, he'll listen to me." she growled.

Professor Dwiggin shook his head again.

"No. He will never forgive himself if he hurts you."

"Take me to him, now." she hissed.