Chapter 17: Breakfast With A Werewolf

~19 Days Until The Prophecy~

Fliss

When she ran out of sugar for her porridge, Fliss knew that there was only one option for her.

She was going to have to borrow some sugar off Jack, her extremely annoying and loud twenty-six year old next door neighbour who was a party animal and listened to punk-rock music at half two in the fucking morning.

Shit.

So as she stood outside the blue painted door, tapping her foot impatiently, she tried to figure out the quickest way in and out as possible.

Maybe if she just said, "Hi Jack, can I borrow some sugar? I ran out."

But then he was sure to invite her in then.

Crap.

How about, "Hi Jack, I'm in a rush this morning, and I ran out of sugar, so could you lend me some?"

But it was fucking Saturday.

Nobody rushes on a Saturday.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Felicity Potts, the mortal that has taken the Other World by storm."

She stared up at her lanky neighbour in disbelief for three reasons.

A) He had called her a mortal.

B) He knew about the Other World.

C) He was standing in front of her in nothing but a pair of red boxers.

She was stunned, so stunned, in fact, that she completely forgot about the sugar for her porridge.

"You're one of them?" she exclaimed, throwing him an astounded look.

"Define them." he said with a smirk.

She stamped her foot in annoyance.

"You're a Necromancer...or a Vampire...or an Angel...or a Sorcerer...I don't know!" she said snappily, folding her arms.

"I'm actually none of the above." he said as he leaned against the door frame.

"I'll give you a hint. Let's just say that when a full moon's out, I can get pretty hairy." he said with a smile.

"A werewolf." she said, shaking her head.

"Why am I not surprised that my next door neighbour is werewolf?" she sighed, throwing her hands up.

"Would you like to come in? I'm kind of cold standing out here in nothing but my underwear, and I'd hate for the neighbours to see me half naked and talking to a very pretty girl." he said, giving her a wink.

She blushed.

"I just wanted to borrow some of your sugar."

"You want some of my sugar?" he asked, a smirk spreading across his stubbled face.

"You do know that one night stands happen at night time, right---"

"Jesus fuck! I just wanted to borrow some sugar for my porridge!" she cried, exasperated.

"Whoa, no need to get feisty. I'm sure you can save it for Alex...." he trailed off as he saw her expression immediately go from angry to upset at the mention of Alex's name.

He sighed and stood aside, gesturing for her to come in.

"Do you want to come in?" he asked again, his voice gentle.

She exhaled loudly.

"Alright." she said with a weak smile.

She stepped inside and followed him into his apartment.