Chapter 42: Let The Games Begin

Fliss

You could have heard a pin drop in the room as Alex, Oscar and her stared each other down, none of them quite knowing whether to tear each other's throats out yet or to wait until the mortals cleared out. Alex slipped a protective arm around her waist.

Finally, she spoke up, her fists clenched.

"What the heck are you doing here you sick bastard?" she hissed.

Somebody in the room gasped.

Oscar merrily just chuckled and snatched a glass of champagne off a petrified waitress's tray. The waitress screamed and dropped the tray, and Oscar rolled his eyes and bared his fangs at her. She fainted, but nobody rushed to help her. They were too busy staring at Oscar.

"I am deeply upset that you didn't invite me to your little....celebration." he said as he started to stroll around the room, mortals scrambling away from him if he came too close to them.

"You are not welcome here." she spat out angrily.

He gave her an expression of mock-hurt and raised an hand to his chest.

"Ouch. Why so serious?" he sneered, but she was practically seething with rage at this point.

"You wouldn't want to cause a scene now Oscar, would you? Not in front of the mortals." she said, folding her arms as Alex's grip loosened on her.

Oscar cackled and smashed the champagne glass in his hands, the liquid dripping down his chalk white hand.

"My dear Felicity, it does not matter what the mortals think anymore. Have you not looked outside?"

And with that, chaos broke out as the pack of vampires pounced on the mortals that stood close to them, savagely biting their necks. Screams echoed off the walls as people rushed around, some of them crying and pointing outside the window, some of them falling over each other trying to get out.

Alex immediately set into action, snapping his fingers and keeping the vampires away from them as she shot beams of light out of her hands like there was no tomorrow (oh the irony of it all).

"We need to tell the others!" Alex yelled as he knocked into a vampire, sending it soaring through the air.

Fliss rolled her eyes.

"No shit Sherlock!" she yelled as a mortal sprinted past her, screaming that the apocalypse was here.

"Felicity, this is no time to be smart with me honey!" he huffed as he sent ribbons of shadows at Oscar's feet.

"We need to get to the secret room! The armour and weapons are there!" he added.

"We can't exactly leave these people unprotected, Alex!" she argued, ducking as a pair of fangs came her way. She punched the vampire in the jaw and it hissed at her.

"It's either them or us, Felicity! And we don't really have many options-"

"But Alex-"

"We need to leave now!"

She took a deep breath and looked around her. Already about ten mortals were on the ground, their eyes wide open and a sickly red gash on the side of their necks. She threw up out when she saw Sir George among them, his eyes glazed over and once smiling face ripped apart.

"Take my hand." Alex whispered, and she grabbed his hand, and he sent both of them shadow travelling out of there.

When their feet touched the plush carpet of the secret room, they found Twink, Zack, Jack, Rosaline and Rian in the room, putting on their armour.