Chapter 7: Periwinkle

Fliss

The day after she had finally accepted Alex's proposal for his protection, he called over to her house, actually taking the effort to use the door this time.

She tilted her head to the side as the door swung open. She found him leaning against the door frame, one hand in his jean pocket.

"Felicity." he said quietly, his eyes shining.

"It's Fliss." she mumbled.

He chuckled.

"I think Felicity is much better. It's a beautiful name."

She blushed.

"Whatever. Why are you here? I'm kind of in the middle of painting." she grumbled, waving her hand towards the easel standing in her living room.

He shrugged, his expression neutral.

"Can't a man just visit his friend without question?"

She frowned.

"Friend?"

He placed a hand over his heart, pretending to look offended.

"You don't think that we're friends?"

She felt herself blush even more.

"I-I don't know. I guess we are."

He smiled at her.

"Good, so can I come in now?"

~

Alex

Watching Felicity paint in the open was making him feel like Christmas had come early.

Sure, she would send him a scowl from time to time, but it never lasted long.

She was wearing her hair up in a messy ponytail today, and he couldn't help but think that it looked nice that way.

He sighed happily as he stretched out on her couch, placing his hands behind his head.

"You know, you're not bad for a mortal." he said as he stared at the ceiling.

"I guess you're okay for a Necromancer." she replied.

Then suddenly, she cursed.

"Stupid paint won't mix properly....not the colour I wanted...."

He sat up and smirked at her.

"Could I be of any assistance to you?" he asked, his face smug.

She rolled her eyes.

"Maybe. Hmmm....let's see....could you mix those two colour here?" she asked, handing him a small tub.

He nodded and started to mix, silence falling between them.

He sneaked a glance at her then.

Her eyes were squinted, and her eyebrows were furrowed in concentration. He nearly laughed out loud when he realised that her tongue was slightly out of her mouth.

He could literally feel the concentration radiating off her.

"I think I'm done." he said finally, snapping himself out of his daydream and looking down at the tub.

A blue and purple-y colour stared right back up at him.

"Periwinkle." she said, making his head snap up.

"Huh?"

"You made periwinkle."

"Oh." he said, glancing down at it again.