Chapter 3: Black Magic

Alex

He didn't know what the heck to do.

How in the world could a mortal make him feel this way?

He couldn't stop thinking about Felicity, or her witty words, or her fucking number written on his hand.

He was finding it very hard to concentrate on summoning black fire into his hands, and Professor Dwiggin knew he was preoccupied.

"Alex, do you need a break?" he asked curiously as he set down his book of spells.

Alex rubbed his eyes.

"No Professor. I'm fine." he said, but it was lies.

His head felt like it was boiling slowly in a cauldron.

"Take a break. You've done enough practice for a day." sighed Professor Dwiggin, burying his head back into his spell book.

Alex sighed and slammed his practise book shut, and started to climb up the stairs of the hidden room.

He sent a wave of shadows over lock of the exit and it swung open, then he walked into his bedroom, closing the door tightly behind him.

When he was sure he was completely alone, Alex let himself fall back on to his bed, right on the spot where she had been only hours ago.

The smell of paint and rosemary filled his nostrils.

He shut his eyes and let out a frustrated groan.

Mortals.

They were so clueless.

So then why did he want to call that Felicity girl right now?

He snapped his fingers and stared to play with the black mist in his hands.

It wouldn't hurt to call her and give her an explanation.

She kind of deserved one since she was nearly killed, but Alex couldn't help but feel anxious about her reaction.

It was forbidden to tell any mortal about Necromancy, but this girl was different, and he could sense it. No, she wasn't a Necromancer, but she was something.

He just couldn't figure out what.

Maybe that was why he was suddenly walking out to the hall, taking small steps towards the house's only phone.

He picked it up and slowly dialled in the number on his hand.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

On the fourth ring, she picked up.

"Hello?"

Fliss

"Hello?" she asked as she rested the phone between her ear and her shoulder, while splashing more paint on to her canvas.

"Felicity?" a low husky voice asked through the phone.

She frowned and felt herself tense up.

"Alex?"

He laughed from the other end of the line.

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

She rolled her eyes and placed her paintbrush on her palette.

"I'm just shocked that you actually called." she said truthfully.

He laughed again, sending shivers down her spine.

Necromancy || Alex Gaskarth a.uजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें