Chapter 24: Did You Ever Even Care?

~14 Days Until The Prophecy~

Fliss

"Jesus-fuck that is the best painting I have ever seen in my entire life, and I've seen Da Vinci paint a masterpiece."

"Shut up. It's not that good."

"Always so humble aren't you?"

Fliss smirked at Alex as he pulled her into him.

"Do you think it'll win?" she asked quietly, glancing at the painting.

It was of her and Alex, both of them surrounded in a grey mist, both of

wrapped in each others embrace. She had to admit, her techniques were close enough to perfection, and the mist looked nearly real.

It was one of the best pictures she had ever painted in her entire life.

Alex chuckled.

"Of course it'll win. I mean, I'm in the painting, and nobody can ever resist my devilish looks."

She smacked his shoulder.

"That's so big headed."

He frowned.

"Big headed? I don't understand the phrase."

She rolled her eyes and broke away from his grip.

"It means that you're self-centred."

She heard him chuckle again, but decided to ignore it and picked up her

palettes to wash at the sink.

She started to hum as he through them into the sink and started wash up.

It wasn't long before she felt a pair of arms snake around her back and pull her into a chest, making an oomph! escape her lips.

She shivered as Alex started to kiss her neck.

"So since you're finished your painting," he said, his voice barely a whisper.

"...does that mean we can do other stuff?"

Despite it all, Fliss blushed.

"I don't mind." she said, biting her lip.

In a flash he had her turned around and pinned up against the wall.

"You really didn't have a choice." he said darkly, kissing her neck again.