Chapter 26: Untouchable

~13 Days Until The Prophecy~

Alex

The warehouse turned out to be more of an old donut factory, probably owned by a very rich, fat man who realised that you didn't really need a huge factory to make donuts for a small population of people, so he just abandoned it, hoping that perhaps somebody would look after it for him.

It was the perfect place to bring a kidnapped person, in his opinion.

"I can smell her."

Alex jumped, forgetting that Jack was was with him. He was sniffing the air, and Alex half expected him to howl as the clouds shifted in the sky, revealing a crescent shaped moon.

"But something's....not right. I smell....some sort of...serum in the air. It's been played around with though....I sense lots of dark magic."

Alex tried his best not to freak out at Jack's words. His palms were already sweating enough as it was.

Jack sniffed the air one final time.

"I might transform. It might help is get to her faster." he said.

Alex nodded, his words seeming to stick in his throat as he remembered Rian's final words to them.

"She would have been better off dead."

What did he mean? Did they torture her until she broke down? Was she in pain, hanging from chains?

He tried not to think about it as he followed a now—werewolf Jack—into the warehouse.

As he stepped inside, everything seemed normal, well, as normal as an abandoned warehouse could be. Broken pieces of machinery scattered the concrete floor, windows were smashed, and bats fluttered around in the dark.

But there was no sign of Felicity.

Had Rian set them up?

Alex glanced worriedly behind his shoulder. Nope, nothing was there—so why did he feel like they were being watched?

He raised his hand, snapping his fingers to create a small flame, trying to make navigating through the warehouse a little easier.

There was still no sign of Felicity, or any human life for that matter.

But then Jack started to growl.

Alex twisted his ring anxiously on his finger, getting ready to attack whatever was coming towards them.

"What is it Jack? Skia? Shape Shifters?" he murmured, shadows seeping through him.