Chapter 20: Falling Into Bed With You

~15 Days Until The Prophecy~

Fliss

There was a strange silence over them as they sat in her living room doing their usual routine (her painting, Alex mixing).

It wasn't an angry silence, or a sad silence.

It wasn't even an awkward silence.

It was a silence that she couldn't explain.

Plus, there was some sort of tension floating around the room. It was making the air feel heavy.

Was it sexual tension?

She didn't know, but there was something about the way he kept eyeing her when he thought she wasn't looking that made her weary.

It was only when she tucked her hair behind her ear that she heard him inhale sharply that she realised how thick the air was getting between them.

She jumped, alarmed, and turned around to face him.

"Are you alright?" she asked, concerned.

He gave her a guilty look.

"I just ah....your uhmm...your dress is slightly un-zipped." he mumbled, his cheeks going bright red.

She rolled her eyes.

"Will you zip me up then? Honestly, you're acting weird." she grumbled, turning her back on him and returning to her canvas.

She heard the sound of scrambling feet and a soft hand on her waist, the other tugging at her zip.

Hot.

His hand on her waist made her feel hot and bothered. She couldn't concentrate on her painting.

Suddenly there was a sound of a snap and a curse.

"It appears that I have broken your zip." he said, his voice slightly strained.

"Ah, well that's too bad. I'll have to get a new dress now." she sighed, but she was smirking.

"Felicity?"

"Hm?"

"Can I uhh...can I..." he trailed off, seeming to be stumbling over his words.

She turned around, briefly aware of the straps of her dress falling down due to the fact that it had no zip to hold them up.

"Can you what?" she huffed.

Suddenly he was looking at her with eyes that made her regret turning around. Slowly, he pulled her up off her stool and into his arms.

"You drive me crazy." he whispered, his hot breath on her skin.

"Alex—"

He growled and smashed his lips onto hers, making her snake her arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

"Oh Felicity, you really are something." he whispered, tugging at the straps of her dress.

"I'm not so sure about that." she murmured, closing the space between them again.

His lips were warm, like a cup of hot tea, but had all the sweetness of a hot chocolate.

She felt a surge of confidence jolt through her and with that, she allowed her fingers to run through his hair, making him groan.

"Felicity, you're such a tease." he growled, in between kisses.

"Two can play at that game sweetheart." he said darkly, pulling down the straps of her dress.