Chapter 28: The Horrifying Discovery

~11 Days Until The Prophecy~

Alex

"Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear."

Alex looked up from his book 'Necromancy: For Intermediates and Experts!' only to see Professor Dwiggin staring worriedly at a scroll of parchment on his desk.

"Something wrong Professor?" he asked, his voice anxious.

Professor Dwiggin let out one of the biggest sighs that Alex had ever heard.

"It's the Vampires, I'm afraid. Since you have not....officially taken up the role of the King of the Vampires, it appears that Oscar has sent me a rather rude letter, telling me that he is taking up the role of king and you have officially been overthrown." he said gloomily.

Alex frowned.

"Oscar? I killed that bastard only a few days ago!" he said jumping up from the ground, snapping his book shut.

Professor Dwiggin shook his head.

"Now that Lucifer is on Immundus' side, he is setting the souls of the Damned back into the world. It appears that Oscar was one of the lucky creatures to be set free."

Alex growled.

"I'll kill him as easily again if he goes near Felicity." he said.

Professor Dwiggin raised a bushy eyebrow at him.

"How is Miss Potts doing anyway? Has she recovered her memory?" asked the Professor softly, giving Alex a kind smile.

Alex bowed his head.

"No. I've been watching her from a distance. She is still convinced that Eugene and her have been together since the dawn of time." he said bitterly.

"But you and I both know that she is thinking about you." said Professor Dwiggin knowingly.

Alex snorted.

"Yes, because her thinking of me as the psychotic man who took away all her memories is better than her not thinking of me at all."

Professor Dwiggin tutted.

"Now, now, Alexander, what about those paintings she has been doing of you?"

Alex froze.

"What paintings?" he asked.

Professor Dwiggin frowned, looking up from the parchment.

"The paintings that she sells on the street when Eugene is out doing Immundus' petty chores."