Chapter 4: Fire Hydrants

Fliss

It wasn't a big surprise that Starbucks was closed all week after the so called 'supernatural incident'. She had expected it, so she decided to take advantage of her time off by going down to the paint shop.

She smiled as she stepped inside of the shop, the familiar scent of paint and pencil shavings filling her nostrils.

Ebony and Scarlett.

These were the colours she was looking for today.

She started to scan the paint aisle, absent mindlessly playing with her coin necklace while her eyes searched for the two colours.

Ever since she had out the necklace on, the feeling of her being watched had disappeared, but her dreams were becoming more vivid each passing night.

Painting her dreams made her feel better.

The red cloaked man was always in her dreams, and by now she knew that he was a living, breathing nightmare. He killed for fun, and worst of all,

He was searching for somebody.

She just didn't know who.

There was a prophecy, that much she knew, but the question was, who's prophecy was it?

She sighed as she picked out the Scarlett tub of paint. Maybe she was just acting stupid. They were just bad dreams after all.

But then why were they so vivid, so real?

Her head was a maze that she just couldn't escape at the moment. It didn't help that Alex refused to have anything to do with her.

He never came out of his apartment anymore, and when she knocked on his apartment door, nobody ever answered.

Necromancers.

Honestly, you'd swear he was vampire, staying inside all the time.

Maybe that's why, as she was walking out of the paint shop with her tub of ebony and scarlet in her hand, she yelled when she saw him.

"Hello Felicity." he said quietly, his dark eyes looking at her.

She scowled at him.

"So eventually the Shadow Man comes out into the daylight." she snorts, clutching her paints tighter.

He chuckles quietly.

"The Shadow Man, eh? I have to say, I quite like that nickname, but not as much as I like that stunning hello kitty t-shirt of yours." he teased, a smirk on his face.

She groaned.

"Look, if you're here to insult me, I don't want to hear it. I have work to do..." she started to walk away, but he jumped in front of her, blocking her path.

"Oh come on!" she yelled, frustrated.

"Just go away, alright? I'm busy." she snapped, pushing him away with more force, but it was useless, he was nearly twice the height of her anyway.

"I'm here to ask you about those paintings you've been painting lately." he said slowly, still blocking her path.

Her eyes widened in surprise.

"How have you seen my paintings?" she exclaimed.

He rolled his eyes.

"Before I came here, I visited your apartment because I thought you were in it. Instead of finding you, I found your paintings and well....they're very interesting."