Chapter 15: Angels

~20 Days Until The Prophecy~

Fliss

She cursed as she splattered a large spalsh of black on to her canvas.

It had been a full day since she and Alex had discovered that they are cursed, forbidden to even touch each other because it would:

A) Fry her to a crisp

B) Kill her

Even thinking about it made something inside of her snap.

She splashed more black on to her canvas.

Forget about it.

Just forget about it.

But she couldn't.

All she wanted to do was let Alex kiss her again. She wanted him to hold her close and tell her that everything was going to be okay, that as long as she was with him, she'd be safe.

It actually was killed her more knowing that she couldn't even touch him.

Maybe that was why she started to cry when she looked up and discovered that she had painted a picture of her and Alex, wrapped in each other's embrace as shadows swirled around them.

Fuck.

~

Alex

He couldn't do it.

Why couldn't he do it?

He had done it on the first try yesterday.

He cursed as he flung his Necromancy Spell Book across the room. It hit the the bookshelf hard and clattered to the floor.

He tried summoning the shadow horse again.

One lift of the hand, a flick to the right, a swirl of black shadows....

But when he tried to force them together, they evaporated, leaving nothing but a wisp of a shadow behind.

Dammit.

He sat back in his chair, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He hadn't slept a wink last night, afraid of what sleep would bring for him.

Immundus.

The prophecy.

Twenty one days.

All of it made Alex's mind frazzled.

He just wanted it all to end.

It didn't help that he had to keep his distance from Felicity because of their newly made curse, thanks to fucking Ariella.

Felicity.

God, he wanted her more than ever. He should of taken off her God damned blouse when he had the chance.

He inhaled sharply as he remembered how good it felt to have his lips pressed to her sweet smelling skin on her neck.

Jesus.

What was he doing?

He opened his eyes and groaned.

He was going to kill Immundus.

He was going to make that bastard scream in pain as he killed him, and he was going to savour every second of his death--

"Alexander Gaskarth.....it's been so long."

He jumped as a particularly familiar voice snapped him out of his dark thoughts.

A girl with pearly white teeth and blonde curly hair down to her waist smiled at him.