10

-

I have so much anger,
So much pain,
So much sadness,
Built-up inside of me.
I can't wait to let it go,
Let it flow like a river,
Let it cause chaos and storm.
Because right now my pain is killing me,
I can't wait to be reborn.

-

"Elaine!" A muffled voice yelled.
I was running down the halls trying to get to the lake without anyone noticing.

I expected the voice to be Pansy, but to my surprise it was Hermione.
She finally caught up to me, and of course, Ron and Harry were with her.

I turned around with a sigh and tried to hide the fact that I was upset.
"What is he doing here?" I asked referring to the scarred-headed boy.

"We wanted to see if you're okay," Hermione said sympathetically. I smiled at her concern.

Suddenly Harry spoke taking me by surprise "Look I'm sorry Elaine. I didn't know what my parents did. I'm sorry" he said truthfully. I clenched my fist trying to stay calm, everything was happening so damn fast.

"I just don't understand anything" I finally said and flopped down on the bench in front of us. The trio joined me soon after.

"Why would your parents kill mine? Why did they lock a baby up in Azkaban? Why don't I know anything about my parents? Who am I?" I asked mostly to myself, but the trio heard. Hermione rubbed my shoulder and I let out a deep breath.

"I don't know Elaine, but I'm sorry" Harry then said. I glared at him, I still couldn't forgive him or his family. Not yet.

"I know. But I can't forgive you yet" I said as began to stand up. Harry looked dissatisfied at Ron who just shrugged.
"Oh, and don't call me Elaine" I finally said before walking away, giving Hermione one last smile.

-

"El! Where have you been?!" Pansy exclaimed as I walked into the common room.

"At the lake" I smiled innocently.
Pansy raised her brow slightly suspicious, but eventually, let it go.
Suddenly we were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Ladies" Blaise greeted. I chuckled at his formality.

"This is my friend, Theo," he said, revealing a brunette behind him. He had a sharp jawline, droopy hazel eyes, slightly curly dark brown hair, and a skinny frame.

"Hi, I'm Elaine," I said as I stuck out my hand. I still wasn't used to all the human contact, but I was warming up.

He gladly shook my hand smiling at me, making small wrinkles appear at the corner of his eyes.

I flopped down on the black leather couch as let out a long breath, Pansy doing the same.

"Long day?" Blaise asked as the boys sat down on the couch in front of us.
"Tell me about it" Pansy and I said sarcastically at the same time, we looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

We spent the next hour talking, laughing, eating snacks, and overall being normal teenagers. It was nice not worrying for once, it was nice laughing.

"And then Snape tripped on his cape and fell!"
Pansy laughed hysterically, I held my stomach trying to soothe the aching feeling from laughing too hard.

"Oh my god, Snaddy!" Theo exclaimed as I took a sip of my water.
Before anyone could comprehend what happened I spat out the water, completely soaking myself.

I fell backward landing on my tailbone,
"ouch, my ass!" I laughed, now on the floor, wet and in pain.

As the room filled with laughter, and the echo could be heard from afar, a familiar platinum-blonde walked in.

"Hey," Draco said, mostly to Blaise and Theo. He glanced at me quickly, but did his most to avoid eye contact. I quickly got up embarrassed.

"Bro where have you been?" Blaise asked. Draco shrugged mysteriously, I knitted my brows together trying to figure out the boy.

"What are you doing?" Draco asked intrigued. Theo began to chuckle again at the memory.. what were we doing?

"Just talking, laughing" Blaise answered awkwardly as he looked at a full-on laughing Theo. Pansy and I joined Theo, and the tension that was in the room a couple of seconds ago was long gone.

We were soon interrupted by a first-year running through the common room, panicking.

"Sirius Black! In the castle! Dementors! Fat lady missing!" The little boy yelled trying to catch his breath.

"What? What's he doing here?" I asked confused. I knew about Sirius, he was one of the most feared prisoners in Azkaban, I had never met him though.

"Are you kidding? He's here to kill Potter!" Theo exclaimed.

"Okay, and?" I asked again. Draco started laughing, the first time I had heard him laugh tonight. The others were left speechless.

"I mean.. she's not wrong" Draco admitted. I couldn't help but smile at his remark.

"First of all Draco no- second of all, Elaine we can't just let him die. That's not how it works here" Blaise explained.
I knitted my brows together trying to understand.

"Why not? It sounds a whole lot easier" I said truthfully. Pansy slapped her forehead at my stupidity.

"You know what, maybe we could get along after all" Draco then laughed. I didn't understand why he was laughing, I was serious.

"El, this isn't Azkaban, we gotta go!" Pansy yelled, practically dragging me out of the common room.

-

"Stupid Potter, always getting himself in trouble" Draco snickered as we walked to the great hall.

"Draco, I don't think Potter asked for a psychotic murder to hunt him," Blaise said while rolling his eyes.

"Something is not right" I whispered, mostly to myself, but Pansy heard me.

"Why wouldn't something be right?" She asked loudly. I rolled my eyes, now everybody knew.

"Chill, everything's fine" Theo then said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, trying to calm me down.

"Fine.. but I'm not gonna sleep!" I protested. Blaise and Pansy gave each other a look before turning back to me.

"And why's that?" Pansy asked. I gulped and looked down. Truth was, I was scared of getting nightmares, especially in front of everyone.

"I just don't want nightmares!" I argued, speeding up my pace.

"You can't just stay awake all night!" Pansy tried to reason.

"Watch me," I said with a smug smirk while practically running towards the great hall.

-