27

-

He would soothe her wounds.
Tend her aching soul.
Nurse her frail heart.
Turn stone to gold.
Because in his eyes,
She deserved nothing
but happiness.

-

I let out a groan as I hit the leather couch in our common room, Pansy soon flopping down beside me, making the couch lightly bounce.
The boys sat on the sofa opposite from us.

"It's good to be back," Blaise said, breaking the silence that was forming in the air.

"It really is" Theo sighed, his eyes slowly closing, enjoying the presence of his friends.

"You know what we should do?" I suddenly said after a couple of minutes.
Their eyes fluttered at my gaze, intrigued by what I had on my mind.

"We should take a swim in the lake" I giggled, amused at my idea.

"No way in hell, Elaine!" Pansy started. I furrowed my eyebrows, waiting for her to go on.

"I'm going to bed," she said, getting up from the heavy couch. I sighed at her response, slightly disappointed.

"Yeah me too," Blaise said, following Pansy towards the door.

"I'm gonna go too, we have school tomorrow you know," Theo said lastly before getting up from his seat too.

I groaned as the three of them left, leaving Draco and me alone.
I looked skeptically at Draco, a wide grin suddenly plastered across my face.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows, confused as to what I wanted.
My grin got wider and he realized what I was up to.

"No. Not a chance" he said sternly, trying to keep his gaze away from my eyes.

"Come on! It will be fun!" I exclaimed, eager for the blonde to join me.

"It wouldn't," he said again.
I sighed at his response, sinking deeper into the black couch.

"If I go alone the boogie man will get me," I exclaimed sarcastically, making a faint smirk appeared on the pale boy's lips.

"Still not going," he said lowly, the smirk slowly fading away.

"Fine! I'm going by myself" I said getting up from my seat. Draco groaned as I walked out of the common room.

I walked into the hall, trying not to get caught by filch.
Suddenly I heard footsteps following behind me quickly, and Draco appeared beside me.

I smiled satisfied with myself, and Draco noticed. He groaned at the sly smirk on my face, clearly annoyed that he didn't get his way.

"Don't say a word." he spat, slowing down his pace. I smiled at his response, satisfied that I got under the boy's skin.

-

"Okay we're here, can we just sit?" Draco sighed while he sat down against a tree.

I began to take my coat, next to my clothes, revealing me in only my underwear and a T-shirt.

Draco widened his eyes and quickly turned away. I could see the heat rising to his face, making a faint rosy tint appear across the normally cold skin.

"Nope, Slicky. I'm swimming" I mocked, annoying him with the nickname I gave him at dinner.

He angrily got up from the ground, walking sternly towards me.
I quickly ran in the cold water, slightly squealing at the cold touch against my bare skin.

Draco stopped right at the edge, letting out a deep breath of frustration.

"Come on, Potter. I told you not to call me that!" He exclaimed.

"What are you going to do about it? You can't even swim!" I laughed, trying my best to splash water on his face but he was too far away.

"I most certainly can!" He growled.
I laughed harder at his outburst, making his face even angrier than before.

Without hesitation, Draco pulled his clothes off. I gulped when I saw him in just his boxers, his fair skin glowing in the moonlight.

He walked in the water, keeping his eyes on me. I slowly backed away, intimidated by his presence.

He swam towards me, and I kept backing away.
Soon I couldn't feel the bottom anymore and I suddenly fell underwater, struggling to get up.

Draco rushed towards me, pulling me up from the ice-cold water.
He had his strong hands holding my waist tightly, and his eyes looked down worried at me.

We met eyes and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. We were so close I don't think we could get any closer. I could feel his breath on my skin, and his crotch against mine.
His eyes were shining brightly in the midnight sun, glistening against the dark lake.

Suddenly I began laughing.
Draco's eyebrows furrowed and he let me go.
I couldn't stop laughing, making Draco fume with rage.

In fact, I wasn't laughing because it was funny.
I was laughing because I was so uncomfortable and unsure about my own feelings, that laughing felt like the only way to escape.

"What's so funny?" He spat, his tongue rolling inside his cheek.

"I'm sorry, it's really not!" I said, continuing laughing. Draco's aura began raging with anger.

"You know I told you not to call me that stupid nickname!" He warned, his eyes burning right through mine. My laughter soon stopped as I realized how mad the tall boy in front of me actually was.

"And I told you not to call me Tiny!" I exclaimed, my temper getting the best of me.

"But Tiny is cute, Slicky is not!" He growled.
I bit my lip silently, trying not to burst into laughter at his statement. Soon I realized what had come out of his mouth.

"Why would you call me something 'cute'" I asked lowly, my dark eyes glaring at his. Draco's eyes widened, as he too realized what he had said.

"Let's just get back to the castle, okay?!" The blonde said, avoiding my question.

And that we did.
We silently went back to the castle, completely ignoring each other's existence.

The only sound that could be heard was the September air whistling roughly through the leaves of the tall trees surrounding us, shining brightly in the moonlight from above.

My hair was soaking wet and dripping down my coat, while Draco's shoes creaked against the hard ground.

We didn't say another word that night, probably for the better.
Without another word, we both quietly separated at the dorms.
We didn't even look at each other once, and somehow it annoyed me.

My mind was overflowing with thoughts and impulses; impulses I didn't want to act on.
Draco's touch stained my body, it was like I could still feel his cold arms around me.

Pansy was, fortunately, sleeping peacefully in her bed so I gently placed myself against my soft pillow, letting the dreams flow through my head.

-