69

-

Lover,
I'm tired.
Lover,
I'm done fighting.

-

I had escaped, but without Draco.

I landed harshly against moist sand, a blinding white light surrounding me.

I opened my eyes and saw that we had apparated to some sort of beach.
I quickly got up on my feet, making sure everyone else was okay.

But they weren't.

Harry was holding Dobby tightly in his embrace. I slowly crept closer to the two and noticed warm blood surrounding Dobby.
Dobby had been hit by Bellatrix's dagger.

"Hermione, do you have something in your bag? Hermione!" Harry panted. Desperately trying to safe his old friend.

I stood completely still, Hermione and Ron doing the same, while my brother was screaming for help.
I felt guilty for not doing anything, but we all knew the elf's destiny.

And sure enough he died in the arms of his friend, Harry Potter.

Luna approached Harry, making sure he remembered to close Dobby's eyes.

When Harry had calmed down he looked around and our eyes met.
He quickly got out his wand and stormed towards me, anger radiating off of the scarred headed boy.

"I should have never trusted you!" He yelled, pressing the wand against my neck.
I kept my head high as I stared into his green eyes.

"Harry, let me explain" I started, my voice slightly trembling as I did so.

"What is there to explain!? You're a death eater!" He yelled.
I gulped at the mention of the curse I had been given, but Harry was nowhere done.

"How do you think mum and dad would feel!? How Sirius would feel after a deatheater killed him!? You betrayed your own blood! You're a disgrace, Elaine" he spat.
I could feel tears building up in my eyes when he mentioned our parents, especially when he mentioned Sirius.

"Harry, let her explain" Luna's soft voice said as her hand rested on his shoulder.

Harry waited for me to go on, so I did.

"Do you think I wanted to become one!? I was kidnapped the night Snape killed Dumbledore! They gave me the mark while I was under a spell! We had a plan! I wanted to escape!" I started, anger and sorrow filling my voice.

"And I did escape.. but without Draco" I said, my voice becoming almost a whisper when I mentioned Draco.

Harry slowly lowered his wand, his face plastered with a mix of confusion and betrayal.

"I thought you were dead, Elaine!" His frustrated voice said, breaking the silence that had been formed in the air.

"We all thought you had died!" He continued, tears rolling down his pale cheeks.

"Sometimes we have to do bad things to get good result. Don't forget all the good I did" I said lowly as I wiped a tear.
Harry let out a scoff as he glided his tongue against the inside of his cheek.

I let out a sigh as I looked around the landscape.
Hermione was crying in Ron's arms, while Luna stood behind Harry, probably waiting for him to forgive me.

"Besides, you all would have been dead by now if it wasn't for me!" I exclaimed angrily.
Harry looked at me as if he were surprised.

"That's right. My task was to find you, but I never did! I kept leading them on, which is why you're all still alive!" I continued.
Harry's expression soon softened as he realized I wasn't what he had thought.

"Don't you feel guilty?" He asked, betrayal lingering in his voice.

"I don't have time to feel guilty, and neither do you" I sternly said.

"Elaine is right, Harry" hermione said, speaking her first words since she got tortured.

"She is. I know her, and she didn't want to become a deatheater" Luna said.

That was enough to convince Harry.
Just like that wrapped me into a tight hug, whispering in my ear how much he had missed me.

After a while Harry spoke up again.

"I want to bury him" Harry started, referring to Dobby's death.

"Properly.. without magic" he continued.
We all nodded in agreement while Harry took shaky breaths.

We buried Dobby in the sand on top of a hill at the ocean.
We made a small gravestone, flowers and seashells scattered around the grave.

Harry sat at the grave for what felt like hours.
We knew he needed space, and closeness, so the least we could do was leave him alone.

In the meantime we stayed at the dark house on the side of the beach - it was a safe house where Bill and Fleur lived.

When the hours got late and the night sky had approached, I went outside again with a warm cup of Camille tea in my hands.
I walked up the small hill to where Harry was sitting, and slowly sat down beside him.

"Here, Luna says it has healing properties" I said as I handed the tea towards my brother.

Harry looked suspiciously at the tea before speaking up again for the first time in hours.

"No creamer?" He asked, his eyebrow slightly raised.

"You are mourning a death, and the first thing you say is "no creamer?" Be grateful that I even made you tea!" I laughed, which earned a chuckle from Harry too.

"Besides, Luna says it's more pure that way. Helps you heal faster" I explained, which made Harry chuckle.

"I doubt there's any form of liquid that could heal my pain and trauma" he said sarcastically.
I hit him lightly on the shoulder, although I knew exactly what he meant.

"Try Vodka. Always puts me in a good mood" I joked, making Harry roll his eyes before a faint smile could be seen on his lips.

"Thank you" he lowly said, still admiring the tea.

"That's what's sisters for, eh?" I said awkwardly as I nudged the boy in his side.
Harry's face turned serious before he spoke up again.

"No really, thank you for everything" he thanked me.
A small smile formed on my lips when the words left his mouth. Never in a million years did I think Harry Potter would thank me for being a deatheater.

"That's what's sisters for" I repeated once again, this time my voice low and serious as well as sincerity behind the once empty words.

It felt good seeing him again after 10 months of him thinking I was dead.

It felt good being home.

I was home but my heart was still with Draco.

-

End of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows Part 1