22

-

"I'm hurting," she said,
Disappointed with his response.
"We all hurt" "we all have scars"
You're right, but what if her scars
are an open wound.
What would you do?
Would you tell her that everybody hurt,
Or will you help her heal?
It's up to you.

-

"Elaine! What a lovely surprise to see you!" Dumbledore exclaimed, getting up from his leather chair.

I knotted my fist tightly meanwhile clenching my jar.

"What brings you here?" He asked bubbly, trying to hide the fact that he was nervous from my presence.

"I know what you did" I spat, walking closer to the old wizard. He gulped nervously and slowly backed away.

I trapped my wand tightly, pointing it towards Dumbledore. His eyebrows furrowed but he quickly returned to his natural expression.

Suddenly he grabbed his wand, pointing it towards me.
I flicked my head, trying my best to concentrate so I could use this telekinesis for some good.

His wand flew out of his grip and his eyes widened.
"Ahh, I see.. you've discovered your powers," he said calmly.

How could he be calm? He was the reason I suffered for 13 years.
I bit the inside of my cheek, preparing myself for what I was about to do.

I lifted my hand quickly, throwing him back into the wall.
His body hit the stone wall, making a loud thump, shaking the furniture in the room.

"get away from him, Potter!" Snape suddenly yelled, revealing him running towards Dumbledore at a fast pace. I widened my eyes, realizing what I had done.

"You better get going now if you don't want to get sent back to Azkaban!" He yelled, anger hidden in his voice.
I gasped at the mention of Azkaban, fearing I would end up in there for the rest of my life.

I quickly ran out of the office.
My mind was racing, my head was pounding, and my heart was beating roughly against my chest.

"Elaine! What happened?!" Pansy asked when I ran into the dorm room, slamming the door hard making a picture of me and Theo fall down.

"Pansy I can't- I can't control it!" I yelled, earning a confused look from Pansy.
I flipped my palms and our desks and chairs flew back. Pansy's eyes widened and she slowly stood up, taking my hands in hers.

"Breathe with me Elaine," Pansy said as she began to take deep breaths.
At first, it was hard but eventually, I caught up with her breathing, resulting in me calming down.

"We will get revenge. I promise" She reassured me once I had calmed down. I soon felt the anger rise to my head again.

-

Pansy, Draco, Blaise, Theo, Hermione, Ron, and Harry all knew about my powers even though I was supposed to keep it a secret.

Draco had started acting strange, getting weirdly nervous every time I was around him.
Pansy was still stuck on her idea that the Draco Malfoy had a crush on me. I quickly shut down the idea, Draco and I were bound to hate each other.

The whole school knew now I was a Potter. First years would whisper and point at me, while others were too afraid to even approach me.

Every night I would read Sirius's letter, pretending he was right by my side. I missed him even though I hadn't known him for long.

I would occasionally send Sirius letters, hoping one day a letter with my name on it might come in return. But it never did and I slowly lost hope.

Harry and I hadn't talked much and it was killing me. He was my twin brother and he knew he was, yet none of us were brave enough to approach each other, scared what one might say.

I finally gathered the courage to talk to Harry, taking me and everyone around me by surprise.

"Harry?" I said approaching the short boy, my voice being unusually quiet. Harry's head shut up from the book he was reading, startled by my presence.

We were in the library studying for our OWLS.
Summer was coming up and the air was taking a toll on all of us, dehydration becoming a common issue.

"Can we talk?" I asked lightly tapping my foot against the concrete nervously.

"Uh- uh yeah" Harry stuttered, getting up from his seat. We quietly walked out of the library into the empty hall, neither one of us brave enough to say a word.

We sat down on one of the benches hanging from the wall, the silence growing between us.

"Harry. I don't want you to feel pressured- but I would like to build a relationship with you. Build trust" I said truthfully, my eyes meeting Harry's for the first time in minutes.

"I would like that" he smiled, awkwardly getting up from his seat. I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows In confusion.
Harry held out his arms, waiting for me to be in his embrace. I groaned at the touch-starved boy in front of me.

"Come on, Elaine. You're a Potter, you will have to get used to this" he chuckled.
I groaned as I got up from my seat, wrapping my arms around him. It felt nice having him in my embrace, knowing he was safe.

-

End of Prisoner Of Azkaban