56

-

People look at me like I am an open door.
They think they have the right to pass through me,
Being gentle at first but leaving me all sore.
I am more than what I appear to be,
And I don't need protection from whom is trying to hurt me.
I am not fragile,
I am not unkind.
I am a woman,
And I choose my own rights.

-

The November air became thick as well as powdery snow fell peacefully down on the Hogwarts grounds.

Harry didn't bother talking to me, and to be honest, I understood why.
I practically said that I didn't care if Draco was a deatheater. A deatheater that kills. Like a deatheater that killed our godfather.

I was angry at myself too for even thinking that way, but I couldn't help it.
I tried to convince myself I was over Draco, and that I most definitely would disown him if he became a deatheater.
Truth was, that well, it just wasn't true.

I didn't really mind that Harry didn't talk to me, we needed a break.
What I did mine was that he kept sneaking around, trying to figure out if Draco was a deatheater.
It bothered me that he didn't tell me anything about what was going on. I was as much part of Voldemort's plan as he was.

Pansy offered me to go to Hogsmeade with her, Blaise, and Theo, and I of course accepted thinking it would take my mind off of things.

Students were roaming the streets, leaning into the bitter wind and trudging through the deep snow.

We went inside the three broomsticks, looking forward to downing a butterbeer.
I scanned the room, looking for familiar faces, and sure enough, the golden trio was sitting not far from us.
I groaned when Harry looked my way, rolling my eyes at him when I did so.

"What's going on with you two?" Pansy asked curiously.
I sarcastically flopped my head down on the table, making a loud thump.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I said as the wood from the table pressed against my face, making my words muffled.
To my relief, Pansy didn't talk any more about Harry, and we were back to being dumb teenagers again.

Blaise and Theo made a bet of who could drink their butterbeer the fastest, and of course, Blaise won.
Theo rolled his eyes at the dark-skinned boy, his cheeks glowing a pale red that I wasn't sure was from embarrassment or the cold air outside.

Suddenly the dirty blonde boy, also known as Cormac, approached our table.
I tried my best to look anywhere but the boy, maybe giving him a hint that I didn't want to talk to him, but he didn't get that through his head.

"Hello, Elaine" he greeted, completely ignoring the others around us.
I gulped before speaking up, finally meeting eyes with his.

"Cormac," I said lowly.
Cormac pulled a chair from an empty table and placed himself comfortably beside me.

"Blaise, Theo, want to go check out that new drink you can get at the bar?" Pansy asked.

"There isn't any new drink-" Theo began, but was quickly kicked by Pansy under the table, making him finally take the hint.
The three left us alone, and I searched the room, hoping for them to come back.

"I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me," he said right as I took a sip from my butterbeer.
I choked on the drink at his question, making a confused expression appear on his face.

"Cormac, we don't know each other," I said sweetly, trying not to saddened the boy.
He pulled his chair closer towards mine, putting his hand on my thigh.

"We could" he whispered seductively in my ear, being way too close for my comfort.
I tried to pull away but he kept his hand on my thigh.

"No Cormac, I don't think so-" I tried again, but this time he reached his hand further up my thigh.
I looked around the room panicky as I searched for my friends to come to rescue me.

"No!" I said a little louder, making a few people turn around, but that didn't stop the boy.
He began kissing my neck, grabbing my thigh harder to the point where it hurt.
I couldn't get away from his grip, so finally I used my powers, making him fly backwards into the stone wall.

I pushed myself up from my seat as a tear escaped my eye.
My heart was beating out of my chest, and Cormac looked at me in disbelief.
Fortunately, people were on my side and gave the boy dirty looks as he stood up again.

"Come on! We were just having a little fun!" He tried to reason.
Suddenly a familiar voice broke the tension, making me sigh relieved.

"She didn't want to have fun," Draco said before punching Cormac.
Cormac stumbled backwards into a table, making drinks fall down to the ground, smashing harshly against the ground as glass splinters scattered all around the floor.

Without hesitation Cormac punched back, making the two break into a fight.

"Draco stop!" I yelled desperately trying to get the boy off of Cormac, but in his moment of rage, his elbow accidentally hit my nose, making me fall back.

Draco looked back to see what he had hit, and his eyes widened as he saw my bloody nose.

"Elaine! What happened!" Pansy exclaimed as she ran towards me.
I didn't say anything, but given the way I looked at Draco in disbelief, she figured it out herself.

"Come on, let's go" she hurried, dragging me out from the three broomsticks.

"You're gonna pay for that one, Malfoy!" Harry suddenly yelled, following Pansy and me.

As we were walking back, a familiar voice called for me.

"Elaine!" Draco yelled, but I didn't stop.
"Elaine!" He tried once again, this time making me stop.

"What!? You don't have to defend me, Draco!" I yelled angrily, the blood still dripping down from my nose.

"It didn't look like you were doing a good job at defending yourself!" He yelled back, his anger issues clearly coming through.

"I'm gonna beat you up-" Harry started before I pulled him back, not wanting to be the cause of another fight.

"You don't get to defend me anymore, Draco!" I exclaimed, my voice shaking and tears afraid to spill.
Draco's eyes widened as a tint of sorrow filled them.

"I'm sorry" was the last thing he said before walking away, his footsteps harsh as he stomped through the snow.

I wiped away my tears before anyone could notice, but Pansy already had noticed and pulled me into a warm hug.
"He will get around" she soothed. The truth was I wasn't so sure I would.

"Let's go," she said as she stroked my arm comfortingly, a saddened smile on her face.
So that we did.

As we were walking back, a gut-wrenching scream could be heard.
We ran towards the scream, thinking a murder had happened.
Instead, it was a girl, flying in the air with her mouth wide open.

"I told her not to touch it!" I assumed her friend said.
I looked at the flying girl, then at a package laying on the ground.
It was a silver necklace with Opal stones.
The girl that was flying quickly fell down to the ground with a harsh thump.

Hagrid was quick to the rescue and carried the girl back, while Harry carried the necklace, not touching it, of course.

The girl was Katie Bell.
She had been accidentally cursed by the necklace that was meant for Dumbledore.

Harry had the idea again that it was Draco, but due to his lack of evidence, nothing could be done about it.

-