4

-

Love makes us blind.
Love makes us suffer.
Love made you cruel.
Love made me stronger.

-

We walked into our dorm, luckily Pansy and I shared.

My eyes widened as I looked around the room. It was small but not suffocating.

There were two beds with dark green covers on them, matching our reptile house.
I brushed my hands against the fabric feeling the soft material on my fingertips.
I softly flopped down in my new bed, looking at the ceiling trying to take everything in.

The bed was big and comfortable with green curtains in front of it, so we could have privacy.
There were 2 big windows.

The moonlight would shine brightly through, making the room's atmosphere cold yet cozy.

I was unpacking my stuff, not that there was a lot, only some clothes, my teddy, hygiene products and of course all of the stuff I got from Diagon Alley.

"Is that it?" Pansy asked when I was done unpacking. She wasn't even half done.
"Yeah, I don't have much," I said and looked down embarrassed.

Pansy seemed to notice I was embarrassed and walked towards my bed. I looked up as she put her hand on my shoulder,
feeling her warm touch made me calm.
"That's okay! I didn't mean it that way. I forgot, sorry." She said with a sympathetic smile.

"It's fine! I'm tired of everybody feeling sorry for me. I'm just a girl" I said honestly and gave her a small smile.

I'm just a girl.

-

"Elaine!" My mother yelled.
I was in a dark forest running barefoot. The raw ground was scratching against my cold feed, making me grunt.
"RUN!" She yelled.
I didn't know where I was, or why I was here, all I knew is I had to get away.
I felt something painful going through my arm.
As I fell to my knees I looked down on my stinging arm and saw a black tattoo of a snake with a skull.
"It's too late.." my father said appearing behind me with my mother.
Suddenly they both turned into completely different people I had never seen before.
they stood completely still and gave me one last smile.
"AVADA KADAVRA!"

-

"Elaine! Wake up!" Somebody yelled.

I quickly got back to reality when I realized it was just a nightmare.
I was in a cold sweat hyperventilating. I looked around realizing almost all of the Slytherins were in our dorm.
My shirt was drenched in sweat and my throat was sore from screaming.

"Are you okay? We couldn't wake you up!" Pansy asked again.
I could see the horror in the faces of the other students.

"yes.. it was just a nightmare." I mumbled while rubbing my sore throat.

The students walked back to their dorms, and that's when I noticed the blonde-haired boy standing in our doorway.
He was looking rather terrified, but when I looked at him he quickly looked away, and walked back to his dorm.

"I'm gonna take a shower," I said shivering.
"This early? It's only 4 am" Pansy asked with a surprised face.

"Well yeah. I don't wanna sleep again after that nightmare, so I might as well get ready."
She nodded understandingly.

-

I walked out of the shower with my towel on. My hair was damp from the shower, and would occasionally drip down my back making me shiver.

I hurried into the common room on my way to our dorm, and that's when I saw Malfoy sitting on the leather couch.

He was reading some sort of book, already dressed in his uniform.
He looked up as his eyebrow raised at the sight of me.

"Shit! Sorry" I said embarrassed, heat slowly filling my cold cheeks.

"No problem." He smirked.

My feet quickly ran towards our dorm and I slammed the door shut in a hurry.

"Jeez, Elaine! what's wrong?" Pansy asked annoyed, sitting in her bed rubbing her eyes.

"Sorry... Malfoy was in the common room, and I was only wearing this!" I said and motioned towards my towel.

Pansy bursted out laughing, probably waking some of the other students up.
"Shut up!" I said grinning.

-

"Welcome to potion class." Professor Snape said in his monotone voice.

I was skimming through my books, trying to gather information so I wasn't completely behind everybody else.

"In this class, you will be paying attention," he said and looked at me.
I didn't notice until he slammed my book shut, making me cuss.
"Son of a bitch!" I cursed to myself hoping he wouldn't hear, but of course, he did.

"What was that Ms. Blythe?" He asked knowing if I said one more word I would get detention.
"Uh- nothing sir," I said quickly shutting up.

"I'm not afraid of sending you back to Azkaban, so if you don't behave-" he started but looked around the classroom full of students whispering.

I heard Malfoy making snobby comments behind me.
I turned around and looked him dead in the eye.

"What's so funny blondie?" I asked upset over Professor Snapes Azkaban's comment.

"What did you just call me?" Malfoy asked scrunching his nose. He looked furious.

"I said, what's so funny, blondie?" I stated once again, dragging out the "blondie".
Malfoy scrunched up his face, making me smirk.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that you filthy little orphan!" He spat.
I was surprised at his quick comeback, if you could even call it that. He noticed the chock on my face, and now he was the one smirking.

I clenched my fists trying to stay calm.
The room was quiet focusing on us, but I didn't care.

"Why not pretty boy? Did mommy and daddy give you a little god complex?" I said satisfied with my response.

"That's enough!" Professor Snape yelled, making both of us turn around in horror.

"Detention! Both of you!" He said making Malfoy grunt.

"Thanks a lot." He whispered clearly offended after Professor Snape walked away.

I rolled my eyes and placed my head In my palm. That boy irritated me more than anything else.

Why was he so irritating?

-