48

-

I am ready for you.
I have always been ready for you.
I didn't realize it at first,
But I think I love you.

-

Christmas break had rolled around and Dumbledores army was officially on break.
We said our goodbyes with a sad smile on our faces, knowing we wouldn't be gone for long.

Harry had a nightmare about Arthur Weasley.
We were all freaked out, to say the least, but Harry didn't talk much to me about it.
I was clueless about what was happening to him, dreading that he left out important details.
I didn't really care about how much he told me, all that mattered right now was that Arthur was fortunately found safe.

My thoughts were interrupted as I walked back into the common room, getting ready to pack my stuff, I stumbled into a tall figure.

"Where have you been lately?" Draco asked looking down at me.
His eyes were his usual cold, but a hint of worry could be found in them.

"I have been spending a lot of time with Fred and George I guess," I said as a smile crept on my lips.
Draco rolled his eyes at the mention of the Weasley twins, having never really liked them.

"I don't like that you're spending time with them" he sternly admitted.
I parted my lips slightly, taken back by what he had said.

"Draco, we aren't even in a relationship, you can't tell me what to do" I spat, trying to get away from the blonde.
Draco rolled his eyes as he pulled my arm, forcing me to face him.

"That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about," he said, making my ears perk in interest.
I waited for him to go on before he scanned the room for familiar faces.

"If you want to we can, but you know I'm not going to ask," he said through gritted teeth.
I raised my eyebrows at his statement, surprised that the thought had even crossed his mind.

"Neither am I," I said lowly, regretting it as soon as the words rolled off my tongue.
Draco rolled his eyes once again, this time a bit more obvious than the others.

"Open this on Christmas morning," he said and handed me a black envelope, sealed with a dark green "M" I assumed stood for "Malfoy"
I brushed my fingertips lightly against the material, excitement for what it could be filling my body.

Draco looked softly down at me before placing a kiss on my lips.
This kiss wasn't like any other kiss we had shared. It was more gentle, loving even.

"Merry Christmas, Elaine." He breathed before turning around.

"Merry Christmas, Draco."

-

I said my goodbyes to Pansy, Blaise, Theo, and Luna.
We were gonna see each other again in two weeks, so the goodbyes weren't as genuine as they were last summer.

I was excited for Christmas break since I could get a break from Umbridge and all of her rules.
I was going to spend Christmas at the Grimmauld place, Sirius visiting too.
I had missed them more than I would like to admit, so it was nice seeing some familiar faces again that didn't exactly hate me.

We finally got to the Grimmauld place, but before anyone could even knock, Molly opened the door.
"Hello dears, merry Christmas" she cheered, her red hair bouncing slightly as she hugged us all one by one.
I met eyes with Sirius and ran with a fast pace in his embrace.
"Hello there, little one" he grinned, as his strong arms wrapped around my frail body tightly.

Soon enough we were all sitting at the big table, food and presents all over the place.
Molly handed out presents, everyone getting a sweater with our initials on it.
I grazed the sweater against my cheek, grateful that she had thought about me in this context.