62

-

She covered her ears as the screams became muffled.
Yet the thoughts still swarmed her mind.
At that very moment she asked God to give her wings,
To fly far away from all the pain.
But the screaming didn't stop, and she never got her wings.
She never felt the carefree feeling of being
Free.

-

I followed Draco into the astronomy tower, being completely shocked by the sight I was met with.
I hid under the tower with the dagger I had been given at Christmas in my hand, not wanting Draco to see me just yet.

Draco and Dumbledore were standing across from each other on the tall tower.
Draco had a tense expression on his face as he clutched his wand tightly.

Suddenly a figure appeared behind me, and I quickly turned around, pressing the dagger towards the mystery person's neck, only to find out the person was my very own brother.

"Merlin, Elaine," he said shocked, his face pale as I slowly pulled the dagger away.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed, not wanting Harry to see what was about to happen, even though I had no clue myself.

"I could ask you the same thing!" He spat.
Before I could answer a voice echoed through the astronomy tower, and I slowly turned around again, looking at the two.

"Good evening, Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?" Dumbledore asked calmly, yet his body was slightly tense.

"Who else is here, I heard you talking!" Draco exclaimed, ignoring Dumbledores question.
He was directing his hand at Dumbledore, slightly shaking as he did so.

"I have been talking aloud to myself. I find it extraordinary useful" Dumbledore said, his voice calm.

Harry and I slowly made our way closer to the tower to get a better look.

"Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?" Dumbledore asked.
I was confused by his question, not knowing what the old man meant half of the time.

Draco didn't answer, instead, he walked closer towards Dumbledore, still holding his wand tightly.

"Draco.. you are no assassin" Dumbledore tried to reason.

"How do you know what I am!? I've done things that would shock you!" Draco's brittle voice said.
He was afraid.

"Like cursing Katie Bell in hope in return she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison?" The old man started.
I gulped at the realization of all the things, Draco had done. Harry was right.

"Forgive me Draco, but I can not feel that these actions are so weak, that your heart can't be in them" Dumbledore continued.

"He trusts me! I was chosen!" Draco exclaimed as he rolled up his sleeve to show the deatheater mark.
I could feel my heart drop at the mark, but as I had seen it before, it didn't surprise me.

Harry, on the other hand, looked surprised.
Sure, he always suspected him, but I think a part of him didn't want him to be a deatheater.

Harry looked between Draco and me, realizing I already knew.

"You knew?" He asked, his voice filled with betrayal.
I didn't answer the boy, instead, I kept my gaze on Dumbledore and Draco.

"I should make it easy for you," Dumbledore said, breaking the tense atmosphere that had been created after Draco showed his mark.

Draco was quick to shoot an "expelliamus" spell Dumbledores way, making his wand fly right out of his hand.
Draco's face was scrunched up in fear, his hands shaking so much that he could barely hold his wand still.