42

-

I'm yours.
Only yours.
I will be yours until every star explodes.
Are you mine?

-

I woke up to a blinding white light.
I squinted my eyes at the sudden sight, trying to see where I was.
For a moment everything was at peace, but then I remembered last night.

"I think she's waking up" a familiar voice said.
I opened my eyes fully and met eyes with Pansy.
She had dark circles under her tired eyes, and she wasn't even wearing her uniform.

I scanned the room for familiar faces, and just like last year Blaise and Theo stood behind Pansy.

The only thing different from this year was that Draco wasn't there.

Neither was my brother.

"Mad eye moody wasn't mad eye moody after all. Barty crouch junior had used poly juice potion to turn into moody, that's why your name was in the goblet of fire. It was all set up! Harry is safe, he's resting in his dorm" Pansy explained fast as she could see my confused and scared expression.

I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in, but right when I did a strong pain shot through my skull.

I winced as I touched my head, only to find a bandaid wrapped around it.
Pansy looked concerned at me, as well as Theo and Blaise, but didn't say another word once I decided not to talk about it.

"Where is he?" I asked, speaking for the first time today.

"Who?" Theo asked, a confused expression on his face.

"Draco" I managed to croak out, not even comprehending what I said.

Theo and Blaise's eyes widened at my use of first name basis, but soon softened again due to my condition.

"He has been here all night, not daring to close his eyes. We told him to go rest, and wake him up as soon as you woke up" Blaise answered.
I felt a small smile creep on my lips.

"Boys, could El and I have a moment?" Pansy asked politely as she motioned for the boys to walk out of the room.
They did as they were told, so only Pansy and I was left in the empty hospital wing.

"I know it's really bad timing, but what's going on between you two?" She asked, a slight blush forming on her normally pale cheeks.

"Nothing!" I said a bit too loud for it to be believable.
Pansy shook her head, an amused smirk forming on her thin lips.

"Come on!" She insisted, a contagious laugh escaping her lips making me laugh too.

"We might have kissed a few times, but it was nothing." I said truthfully.
Pansy's eyes widened at my statement, but not a hint of surprise was in them.

"Elaine" Pansy broke the laughter, her expression suddenly becoming more serious.

"He looks at you like you put the stars in the sky. That's not nothing." She admitted.
I felt my stomach turn at her words, but in a good way.

I was about to say something when a tall figure entered the hospital wing.

Pansy excused herself, leaving only Draco and I.

He silently sat down in the chair Pansy was sitting in a minute ago, casually running his fingers through his hair.

I sat up straight and tried to fix my hospital gown, not sure why I tried to be presentable in front of the boy I "despised"

"You don't have to fix anything for me. You're perfect" he lowly said.
I felt my heartbeat speed up at the words that had just escaped his mouth.

"Was that a compliment?" I awkwardly laughed, trying to break the tension that was forming in the room.

But he didn't laugh.
Instead his normally cold expression stayed, yet a hint of concern could be found in his eyes.

"I guess it was" he mumbled.
Without thinking I took his hand in mine, making him tense up only for him to soon relax into my touch.

"Thank you." Was all I managed to croak out, still intimidated by the blonde in front of me.

Draco leaned towards me, slowly brushing his lips against mine.
I closed my eyes debating if this is what I wanted.

"It's wrong, Draco" I said, not agreeing with the words that had left my mouth.

"Then how come it feels so right" was the last thing he said before crashing his lips into mine.
This kiss was different, more passionate, more loving.

And he was right.
It felt right to kiss him.
It felt right being with him.
So how come all I could think about was how wrong it was?

-

Cedric's memorial was beautiful.
Although I hate to admit it, Dumbledores speech was splendid.

My brother cried at the mention of Cedric, but I didn't shed one tear.
It was like I was hollow inside, like some darkness had took over me.

I hadn't cried since, I wasn't planning on it.

The doctors said it was caused by trauma, but Voldemort's words kept replaying in my head.

"Would make a good death eater"

I scoffed at the memory.
The only thing I seemed to feel now a days was anger.

The school year had finally ended, and I was left feeling empty.

People were hugging, saying goodbye, some even crying.

Pansy was worried about me, wouldn't leave my side since the incident, so she was absolutely terrified when I told her I was gonna spend the summer at the burrow.

I promised her I would write everyday, which seemed to calm her down.

Blaise and Theo said their goodbyes, only Draco was left now.

"So, if we can't stay away from each other, what are we gonna do?" His familiar voice asked, making me turn around to face him.

"That is the question, isn't it Draco?" I asked teasingly, walking closer towards the boy.

A sly smirk crept on his lips, a hint of surprise in his eyes.

"First name basis now are we?" He asked mockingly.

"It's about time, don't you think?" I asked innocently, only making Draco roll his eyes, the same smirk on his lips.

He walked closer towards me, pulling me in for a kiss. Our lips collided beautifully just for a moment before he let go again.

I was surprised that he kissed me in front with f the whole school, but people seemed to be too busy to notice.

Of course only Harry noticed.

"Goodbye, Elaine" he said calmly before walking away.

All I had to face now was Harry's scolding, so that I did.

His voice was angry as he couldn't understand.
I tried to explain to him that we were just friends who cared about each other, but it didn't seem to get through his thick skull.

After a long argument Harry settled down.
He was still mad at me, but couldn't be mad for long since we weren't gonna see each other the whole summer.

After all,
Everything would be okay.

-

End of Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.

-