64

-

Black
eating me whole,
I'm bad to the bone.
As bad as good can be.
I'm bad, I'm free.

-

The plan was simple.

Draco would teach me occlumency.
I would act like I wanted to be a deatheater, like my whole persona had changed.
After gaining their trust, I would hopefully get my own room.
After getting my own room, I could escape.

After weeks of lessons, loosing sleep, and exhausting memories being unraveled in my head, I had finally learned the basics of occlumency,

I replayed the plan in my head over and over again until footsteps could be heard from above.
Suddenly the cellar door opened, and there he was, Voldemort - or as I would call him now, the dark lord.

"My lord" I bowed, not sure how to grasp this whole situation. I internally cringed at the sentence, my heart beating so fast against my chest, that I thought I might pass out.

"Ah, I see you have come to your senses" he lowly said before letting out a cackle.
I tried my best not to lash out on him, or even look at him wrong.

It seemed to work as he escorted me calmly upstairs.

When I reached the dining hall, all the different deatheaters could be seen sitting around a big black table.
Draco was sitting with his mum and dad, his face lifeless as he did so.

"My newest addition, Elaine" Voldemort breathed as his long snarly fingers trailed my face.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" He asked the deatheaters, which made them break out in laughter.

Draco clenched his jaw at Voldemort's remark, trying his best not to let the dark wizard get under his skin.

"Sit, my child. I suppose Draco saved you a seat" he said, gesturing for me to sit beside the blonde.

I gladly took the seat that had been offered to me, which made Draco let out a relieved sigh.
As soon as I sat down I looked at Draco. His eyes were watery as well as dark. His hair was lazily hanging from his forehead, resembling a curtain, but he was still wearing his sleek black suit that contrasted so well with his fair skin tone.

He found my hand under the table and intertwined our fingers, as he mouthed "I love you"

"So, tell me, Elaine. What made you change your opinion?" Voldemort asked suspiciously.

I gulped before answering his question, rehearsing what I had to say in my head before doing so.

"I suppose I've always had a dark side, I just wasn't able to come to terms with it before now." I started, making the dark lord nod his head, waiting for me to go on.

"And then we all have one thing in common - we want Harry Potter dead" i sternly said, keeping my head high not daring to show how much that sentence hurt me.

Snape sat across from us, eyeing us suspiciously.
A faint smirk could be found on his lips, and I couldn't tell if he knew I was lying, or if he was proud of me.

"Very well then" Voldemort started breaking the tension.

"I have a task for you. If you don't do it, heavy consequences will occur" he continued.
I gulped as I waited for him to explain the task, tightening my grip on Draco's hand.

Draco rubbed small circles with his thump on my hand to soothe me, but the relaxation didn't last long before Voldemort spoke up again.

"You have to figure out where Harry Potter is. Considering they all think you're dead, it's obvious that you do it" he explained.
I let out a relieved sigh, glad I didn't have to kill anyone.