61

-

Oh darling,
How little you know about me.
It will kill you in time,
You shall see.

-

I had stayed in the hospital wing with Draco overnight.
He slept through the whole night, his body being too exhausted to wake up.

I was staring outside the window, admiring the branches of the tree that could be seen. Small delicate flowers had bloomed on the once dead tree since spring had approached us, leaving the cold and long winter behind.

My thoughts were interrupted when small noises could be heard from Draco.

"You're still here?" He asked quietly, his face pale as he laid in the hospital bed.

"Of course I am" I softly said, a small smile on my lips, yet my eyes couldn't hide the fact that I had been crying.
It wasn't just pure teenage love anymore, Draco was a deatheater and there was nothing I could do to stop him, but the scariest part was there was nothing he could do to stop me from loving him.

"Why?" He asked.
I let out a low breath before speaking up again.

"Because I love you," my brittle voice said.
His eyes widened as a faint smile could be seen on his thin lips.

Considering I didn't get to say I love you too when Harry interrupted us, now was a better time.

Without warning, Draco pulled me towards him, lying me on his chest.
He began stroking my hair as I could feel his chest rising up and down.

"I'm here for you, remember that," I told him.
Draco let out a low chuckle, and I wasn't sure why until he spoke up again.

"Just like the note said" he mocked.
I felt my face heat up at the realization, memories of the night replaying in my head.

I hid my face in the crook of his neck, earning yet another chuckle from the blonde.

"I know you are" he finally whispered before giving my head a gentle kiss.

And with that, we fell asleep together.
I knew it wouldn't last, but oh how I was blinded by love.

-

"Draco, are you okay!?" Pansy exclaimed as we entered the common room.
She threw her arms around the fragile boy, wrapping him in a tight hug.

I slightly smiled at her empathy, not once did I imagine that Pansy Parkinson would hug Draco Malfoy, but the two had grown on each other, whether they would like it or not.

Draco looked surprised at her sudden affection but quickly hugged her back.

"I'm fine" he sternly said.
I knew he hated to be vulnerable, but after what happened last night he could never be the same intimidating boy he once was.

-

Just when I thought we were okay, here I was, fighting with the blonde in his dorm.

"I want to help you Draco!" I yelled angrily, frustrated that the boy didn't want my help.

"You can't help me! No one can!" He fought back.
I closed my eyes as I let out a deep breath, tired of having this conversation once again.

"Why won't you let me help you?" I asked calmly, trying to get answers out of the boy.

"Because I'm a deatheater, Elaine! I don't want you to get hurt. Your whole family is against deatheaters for god's sake!" He hissed.

"Of course we are! But that doesn't mean I'm against you!" I said.
Draco ran his hands through his hair as a small sigh escaped his lips.

"Draco, I'm not like the rest of my family. I feel this.. darkness inside of me" I tried to reason.
It was true. I felt like the black sheep in my family.
I didn't know whether it was because I had been raised in Azkaban, or if it was just simply because I actually was evil.

"Elaine, you're not evil" Draco softly said as he made his way towards me.

"Neither are you, Draco" I breathed.
Draco shook his head as he cupped my cheeks with his hands.

"Please just promise me you will stay inside tonight" he begged me. His eyes were dark and tired, a sudden redness in them.

"I can't promise you that," I said through gritted teeth.
Draco removed his hands as he let out a low sigh.

"Why can't you just for once in your life do as you're told!" He exclaimed angrily.

"Because I'm not like that Draco! I'm not doing this to be rebellious, I'm doing this to protect you!" I yelled back making the blonde slightly step back.

"I don't need protection!" He spat.
I didn't answer knowing god damn well that he did need protection. He needed someone to care, and I did.

"Just.. stay inside tonight! All I ask of you is to stay inside tonight!"

-

Knowing myself of course I didn't stay inside.
I first went into the common room, the student's eyes on me as they had just heard yelling from Draco's dorm.

I rolled my eyes slightly as I flopped down on the black leather couch, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Have you been fighting again?" Blaise asked curiously.
I didn't answer him, instead, I gave him a long glare which in other words were a yes.

"I wish Sirius was here to tell me what to do" I mumbled, slightly laying my head on Pansy's shoulder.
Pansy let out a sigh as she began stroking my hair. She knew that nothing she could say would make my grief any less painful.

Without warning, Draco stormed through the large common room.
He looked suspiciously around the room before his eyes landed on mine.

His face was stern and uptight, and his presence seemed uneasy.
He let out a long sigh before walking out of the common room, going only god knows where.

After a couple of minutes of silence, I slightly sat up.

"I'm going to.. I don't know" I said, as I hurried out of the common room.
It probably wasn't the smartest idea, but knowing myself I couldn't just sit back when I clearly knew something was going down that night.

As I rushed out of the common room I was met with many of the corridors in the school.
I didn't know which way to go, that was of course until harsh footsteps could be heard from my left.

I followed the sound and soon enough saw Draco's platinum blonde hair.
His posture was tense as he walked down the long hall.

I sneakingly tried to follow the boy, making sure not to cause any noise.

He went into the room of requirement but I didn't follow.
I waited outside of the room for a good 2 minutes before the blonde came back out.

I followed him all the way to the astronomy tower, and that is when I found out what his fate was.

-