39

-

I'm suffocating by the lack of your presence.
I never stopped loving you,
I just got used to your absence.

-

Weeks had passed by and the elegant snow that had been forming Hogwarts into a winter fairytale, slowly melted its surface making spring bloom.

I hadn't talked to Harry since the Yuleball and it was killing me.
He would just occasionally glare at me across the classrooms, or any room for that matter.

I had been ignoring Draco too, not really sure why.
His presence made me nervous, and I hated to be vulnerable.
I would mostly just talk to Pansy, and occasionally the others. But every time Draco entered the room I left.

No one was suspicious of Draco and I after the Yuleball, as I had hid his marks with a spell, and Pansy blacked out so she didn't even notice I was gone the whole night.

The second task was coming up and I still hadn't figured out what the golden egg was for.
Time was running out, and I felt like if I didn't figure it out now, I never would.

That was until Harry walked over to the Slytherin table, clearing his throat before asking to speak to me.
I quirked an eyebrow at his request, hoping and begging he would just apologize so we could move on.
And that's exactly what he did.

"Elaine, I'm sorry, okay? I now know it was stupid and immature to act that way. I now know that Draco is nothing but a friend of a friend, and that you only went with him to annoy me" the scarred headed boy said. I smiled lightly at what sounded awfully a lot like Hermione's words.

"Thank you" I thanked him quietly, not wanting to give in just yet.

"I figured out the second task" he then finally said, making my ears perk in interest.
"I know I'm not supposed to tell you, but you are my sister after all" he admitted, earning a genuine smile from me.

"You have to put the egg under water, listen to it" he said, hoping I would understand his words.
I thought for a minute before realizing what he meant.

"Thank you" I said, pulling the brunette into a tight hug.
We both sighed In relief, missing each other's embrace.

And just like that we were okay.

-

I was by the lake with the golden egg in my hand.
The moonlight was shining down, reflecting beautifully in the icy water.
I slowly undressed, leaving me only in my underwear.

I hissed slightly when the cold water touched my feet, making goosebumps appear on my skin.
As I downed my whole body in the water, I opened the egg.

A beautiful singing could be heard from the egg, I tried to listen to the words but the cold water made it hard to concentrate.
Suddenly I couldn't breathe, and could feel my body forcefully pulling me up to the surface.
I sighed lightly and went down for another attempt.

"Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." The voice sang.
I pulled myself up to the surface and realized what the voices meant.

I had to figure out a way to breathe under water for an hour.

-

"Where's Pansy?" I asked eagerly, storming through the common room.
Blaise lifted an eyebrow at my question, his face plastered with confusion.

"I thought she was with you?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice.
I sighed frustrated by his statement.

"Well I really have to find her, unless you know how I can breathe underwater for an hour" I said, rubbing my temples slightly.
Blaise noted his eyebrows together, trying to think of a way I could do the impossible.