59

-

Spreading you open,
Is the only way of knowing you.
When words are failing,
I turn to lust to get to you.

-

Christmas at the burrow was not the same.
I don't know if the others felt that way too, but my happiness was overshadowed by the fact that this would be my first Christmas since Sirius passing.

Only the twins could put a smile on my face as they walked through the door.
I automatically jumped in their arms, having missed them and their presence at Hogwarts.

Remus and Harry seemed to have a tense conversation in the living room, but to be honest, I didn't bother eavesdropping, since I deep down already knew Harry told him about Draco.

As the darkness surrounded the burrow, and people were off to bed, a strange atmosphere had been created outside of the tall house.

Without warning a huge fireball could be seen, spreading a fire circle around the burrow, trapping us inside of the house.
A black smoke followed, being revealed to be Bellatrix.

I was in the doorway when it happened, Bellatrix giving me a sickly sweet smile before beginning to run.
Without hesitation I began to run towards the evil witch, sprinting so fast that my feet couldn't keep up.

"Elaine, no!" Remus yelled before following me with Tonks.
Soon enough Harry and ginny followed us too, probably being repelled by Bellatrix as much as I did.

I went through the tall grass, the wet swamp soaking the bottom of my sleepwear.
As I ran through the tall grass, Bellatrix's eerie cheers could be heard, her singing "I killed Sirius black"

My breath hitched as I tried to keep up with the witch, but suddenly I couldn't see anything but the tall grass.
I stood still for a moment, debating which way to go.

I ran towards an opening in the grass, Harry and Ginny appearing too.
Harry send a stupefy spell towards one of the deatheaters, but he wasn't quick enough considering the deatheater disappeared into a cloud of black smoke.

Noises could be heard from within the tall grass, and we shot hundreds of spells their way, trying to catch them even though no one could be seen.

Remus and Tonks appeared in the opening too, their wands held high as an intense expression could be found on their faces.

Suddenly two black clouds of smoke flew into the air.
I looked up towards the sky, my breath was heavy as I tried to shoot a spell their way.

Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough, and instead, the two clouds of smoke flew into the burrow, making it catch on fire.

My first thought was what had happened to the others, so without hesitation, I sprinted back towards the burrow, the others following quickly after.

Fortunately, everyone had made it out safe, yet sorrow filled their faces as their home blew up in flames.

-

I went back to Hogwarts a week early.
I didn't feel like spending time at the once burrow since something in me knew it was somehow my fault.

When I came back to Hogwarts not a lot of students could be seen.
The corridors were empty as well as the great hall. In a way, it was a bittersweet quiet, but a quiet I really needed.

As I entered the common room, a familiar blonde was sitting on the leather couch, looking at the roaring fire with empty eyes.
I silently walked towards him, not wanting to bother him or his peace.