55

-

I never stopped loving you,
I just got used to your absence.

-

As fall approached and leaves began falling to the ground, covering the once bright green grass in hundreds of different colors of brown, I became more used to Draco's absence.

He was rarely at breakfast, lunch, or dinner for that matter.
He didn't turn up to all his classes like he used to, and I was afraid that something was seriously wrong.

Of course Pansy, Blaise, and Theo had their way to distract me.
I didn't ask much about Draco, but when I did the room filled with echoes of groans, as they didn't know what was going on with him either.

I was sitting in the common room with Pansy, reading our favorite poetry books to each other while the roaring fire warmed up the usual cold room, and soft jazz music was playing in the background.
It had always been one of our favorite activities to do together, just sitting, reading, and enjoying each other's presence.

The room was a comfortable quiet, only specks of the fire could be heard while we roamed different pages of the many books scattered in front of us.

That was until Blaise and Theo stormed through the common room wearing their quidditch equipment, an excited smile could be found on their faces as they dropped the equipment and flopped down on the black leather couch opposite from Pansy and me.

"It was nice while it lasted" Pansy sighed as she closed her book.
I looked between the two boys in front of us, wondering what they were so excited about.

"We made the team!" Theo exclaimed out of nowhere.
Pansy's eyes widened in excitement as she clapped her hands together proudly.

"Good for you!" She cheered, right before giving Blaise a quick peck on the cheek.
I smiled at her excitement, not really knowing why she was so excited for them, or why they were excited too.

"Well, you have made the team every year. Why not this?" I asked as I closed my book.
The boys looked at each other with a sarcastic smile, before making their way towards me.

They flopped down on the couch I was sitting on, Blaise on my left, Theo on my right.

"The competition is huge this year!" Blaise first said.
"Huge!" Theo confirmed.
I chuckled lightly at the boys, knowing that no matter what they would have made the team.

"Now we just have to beat Gryffindor" Theo continued.
I lifted an eyebrow at his statement, wondering why they were worried about beating Gryffindor, it had never been a problem to them before.

"Why are you worried about that? You have always been the strongest team!?" I asked confusedly.
Blaise nodded knowingly before speaking up again.

"Well, yeah. But Weasley has been getting quite good lately" he stated.
This only made me even more confused, wondering what Weasley he was talking about.

"Ginny has always been good" I confirmed, but to my surprise, they weren't even talking about Ginny.

"Not her, Ron Weasley!" Theo exclaimed.
I widened my eyes as the words left his mouth.

"Ron Weasley is good at quidditch!? Give me a break" I laughed, but they weren't laughing.

"No were serious, he has been getting better" Blaise started.
"Not to mention that Cormac guy" Theo continued.