71

-

A world like this isn't worth living in if it means
I lose everybody until I lose myself

-

I had stayed with Bill and Fleur.
I hadn't talked to Harry since the day he left for the vaults, and my worries didn't ease when Luna went back towards Hogwarts.

I stayed day and night in the bed Bill and Fleur had so kindly offered me.
If I got out of bed at all, it was to go to the toilet, or get something to eat or drink.
I didn't do either much, these days.

My thoughts consumed my head every hour of every day.
I didn't know if Draco was alive or not, and to be honest, I didn't know if any of the people I loved were.

As any other day, I laid in my bed.
I could see the beach from outside my window, and the waves crashing together reminded me of the storm I was about to phase.

Without warning, a soft knock could be heard on the bedroom door.
I didn't answer, instead I kept my gaze on the waves outside.

Suddenly I could feel someone sit on the side of my bed.
Their weight made the bed bounce slightly.

"Elaine" a manly voice said.
I recognized the voice instantly and turned my head fastly.

There he was.
Remus sat on my bed, looking sorrowfully down at me.

I stared at him in shock for a couple of seconds before quickly sitting up and wrapping him in a tight hug.
As soon as I fell in his embrace I began sobbing.

"Shh" Remus soothed, his tears too becoming a sea.

He cupped my cheeks with his large hands and looked down at my tear stained face.

"It's time" he said. I knew what he meant.
It was time for the final battle.

I nodded my head understandingly.
Remus gave me one last hug before we went our way downstairs.

We met eyes with the rest of the order.
I instantly recognized two redheads that looked identical.

They both looked at me with shock plastered across their freckle covered faces.

I slowly walked towards them until I couldn't contain myself anymore, and wrapped them tightly in a group hug.
Once again I began crying, this time silently.
The twins returned the favor, and too began crying, relieved that I wasn't dead like everyone thought.

Molly stood in the corner with a hand covering her mouth.
Her tears fell slowly down her round cheeks as she stared sadly at me.

After I had hugged the twins I went over to Molly, who gave me the tightest hug I had ever received.
I continued hugging the people I loved until it was time to get to business.

-

We made our way towards Hogwarts.
Before entering, I pulled Remus aside.

"Remus?" I asked shamefully.
He looked down at me with soft eyes before speaking up.
"Yes?"

"I don't know if you know this, but they- while I was asleep under a sleep spell at the manor they-" I stuttered, not able to get the words out.

"What did they do, Elaine?" Remus asked, his eyes becoming dark.

I couldn't say the words out loud, and instead pulled my left sleeve up, revealing the dark mark, hanging my head lowly.
Remus's eyes widened as he stared intensely at the mark.

"I didn't want to" I said so quietly it was almost a whisper.
My lips began quivering and tears soon fell down my face.

"I know- shh I know" Remus comforted me while pulling me into a tight hug.

-

Hogwarts was dark and gloomy.
The atmosphere in the castle was nowhere near the Hogwarts I had met four years ago.
I ran inside, while the rest of the order hid.

The order quickly found some of the older students, walking in groups towards something I didn't know.
Their heavy footsteps echoed through the castle, sending shivers down my spine.

The students continued walking emotionlessly, until we reached the great hall where Snape stood.

We listened carefully outside of the door, and heard Snapes voice echo through the hall.

"Many of you are sure wondering why I have summoned you at this hour" Snapes monotone voice said.

"It's come to my attention, that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in HogsMeade" Snape continued.
I felt my spine run cold at the mention of my brother.

"Now, should anyone.. student or staff, attempt to help Mr. Potter, they will be punished" Snape said lowly.
I stared at the door in shock. For a minute, I actually thought he was on our side.

He continued talking, and I listened carefully to each and every one of his words.
Suddenly the crowd broke out in gasps, and we knew it was time.

We opened the door and walked towards where Harry was standing.
We were guarding the boy, a powerful look on our faces as we stared down Snape.
I felt my chest clench when I saw Pansy, Theo, Draco and Blaise.

"How dare you stand where he stood" Harry spoke up, his voice trembling with grief of his old professor.
"Tell them how it happened that night" his raspy voice yelled.
"Tell me how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you! And killed him.. Tell them!" Snapes face was hard to read, but within seconds he pulled his wand on Harry. McGonagall was quick to stand up against Snape, while the other students pulled back in fear.

I had my own wand ready, but my left hand was free and the black veins was filling up beneath my skin.
I was ready to protect Harry at all costs.

McGonagall was the first one to fire. Snape easily dodged. One turned to ten, and a quick, but intense,wand fight broke out between the two professors. I knew when McGonagall killed the two death eaters, that everybody had changed.

Snape flew through the window when he realized he wasn't gonna win.
The glass shattered on the ground, and the students were gasping. The gasping soon turned into cheering, when McGonagall playfully celebrated.

The cheering stopped when Harry fell. He had one of his visions, I could tell.
I hurried beside him, and could see the fear and confusion in his eyes. The roof above us had turned into gloomy clouds when suddenly a blood curling scream ranged through the hall. Harry followed the voice but I stayed put. Until another scream could be heard, and another. Voldemorts words could be heard. I felt my heart beat out of my chest, and the flashbacks coming. I searched for any familiar face, and locked eyes with Draco. I could see on his face he felt exactly what I was feeling, but we both kept our cool.

"Give me Harry Potter. Do this, and none will be harmed" he whispered.
"Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched" I tried to breath calmly, but I felt the fear in my whole body.
"Give me Harry Potter, and you will be awarded. You have one hour" Everybody stared at Harry.

"What are you waiting for! Take him!" Crabbe yelled. And at that moment I have never wanted to punch a person more than him. Ginny was quick to run besides Harry, and the order soon followed, which led to Dumbledores army.
I knew Draco wasn't able to follow, because he would get killed. The rest of the Slytherins had a high chance of getting killed too, since they were some way connected to the death eaters.

Filch came Running through the door, screaming over the students being out of bed.
When McGonagall had explained to him, that we were supposed to, she asked him for a request.

"If you would, I would like you please to lead Mr Crabbe, and the rest of the Slytherin house, from the hall. The dungeons will do" she said as she gestured to the door with her wand. The students began cheering again, except for me and the rest of the Slytherins. I rolled my eyes at the stereotypes. I didn't follow the rest of the Slytherins, since I was apart of the order. Instead I followed the order as all of the students roamed around in panic.

We knew it was time. We all knew. And even that information didn't stop us from rushing. Even if we knew it might be our last day.

-