21

-

When my eyes are crying tears,
And my hands covered in blood,
Will you hold me near?
Or betray me and run?

-

Weeks slowly went by, leaving the horrible night at the Shrieking Shack behind.
Lupin had reassigned and Sirius had escaped.
I was still left without explanation, thinking of what Sirius had said that night at the haunted house.

"Voldemort was the reason Elaine got taken away! Just because of her power! Do you understand what kind of trauma you have helped cause to a 13-year-old child!" He yelled, his voice hoarse from the anger within him.

The memory kept playing on repeat through my head, like an old vinyl stuck in reverse.

Draco and I's friendship, if you could even call it that, had been more stable than ever before.
After the night in the hall, things had been weird between us.
Draco was unusually quiet and tension was slowly growing between the blonde and I.

"El?" A small voice asked.
I was laying in my bed, staring depressingly at the cold wall in front of me.

I turned around and met eyes with Pansy.
Blaise, Theo, and Draco stood behind her, spectating the girls' dorm carefully.

"Hi" my voice croaked out, exhausted from the previous events.

Pansy walked towards the wooden bed, sitting down carefully, making the bed bounce lightly.

"You've got presents," she said meanwhile stroking my back gently.
I furrowed my eyebrows, sitting up confused.
Silence filled the room, only a ticking clock could be heard.

"From Sirius," Draco said, breaking the silence. It took us all by surprise since he almost hadn't spoken a word to me.

I hurried out of the dorm, quickly putting on my shoes. The three were following behind me, trying to keep up with my pace.

I reached the great hall and saw Harry standing at the Gryffindor table, beaming at a new broom.

My eyes searched the room, landing on the Slytherin table. There was a small present with leather underneath it.

I quickly rubbed towards the table, eager for opening it, eager for answers.

I tore the wrapping paper harshly, revealing a small box.
I carefully opened the box, revealing a small silver necklace, with a pendant on it.
I gently picked the fragile necklace up, spectating the details.

It had small details with a sun and a moon in the middle. I let my fingers graze lightly over the engraving, letting a small grin appear on my lips.

Suddenly I noticed the pendant wasn't just a pendant, it was also a locket.
I fumbled with the locket, having a hard time opening it.

"Do you need help?" Blaise asked, sitting across from me.

"No! Shh!" I shushed him, not wanting him to ruin the moment.

I finally got the locket open, and I met eyes with my parents. In the locket was a small picture of my mum and dad, holding Harry and me as newborns. They had a big smile on their lips, making wrinkles appear around their eyes.

I felt tears forming in my eyes but I quickly got rid of them by blinking violently.

"You need help putting it on?" Draco suddenly asked, leaving me startled.

"Um- yeah," I said skeptically.
Draco took the necklace out of my hand opening the locket. He carefully removed my hair to the side, grazing his cold fingers on my neck. Goosebumps formed on my skin from his touch, and my heart was beating harshly against my chest,