50

-

I was a flower
White and delicate
Like a lily
But I was in the hands of those
Who had no intention to keep me

-

We were in the room of requirement practicing our Patronus charm once again.
Everything was going great until the room started shaking and the lights flickering.

Students quickly piled together, afraid of where the movement was coming from.
I stood beside Harry, looking at the mirror that was slowly cracking.

Suddenly the mirror broke, and the stone wall behind it started to shake.
"I will make short work of this" a familiar high-pitched voice said, that I could only imagine was Umbridge.

The wall exploded unexpectedly, and I flew backward, hitting my head on the concrete.
Sure enough, right in front of us stood Umbridge, filch, and some students.

What I didn't expect to see was Draco.
He had Cho Chang in his grip as he scanned the room angrily, his expression softening as we locked eyes.

I was mad at him for joining Umbridge, but in a way, I was more scared of the disappointment he must have felt when he found out I was a part of Dumbledore's army and didn't tell him.

"Get them!" Umbridge ordered, asking her followers to grab us all.
Draco was quick to let go of Cho and instead made his way towards me.

He wasn't fast enough since Crabbe already had me in his grip.
Draco shrug Crabbe off of me with a silent "I will take this one"

"Are you okay?" Draco asked, as his hand lightly brushed against my bleeding head.
I flinched at his touch, making him retreat.

"I'm fine" I mumbled lowly, earning a sigh from Draco.
In fact, I wasn't fine at all, and he knew that.

We got dragged in Dumbledores office, Umbridge complaining about the so-called "Dumbledores army"
Harry tried to take the blame but Dumbledore was quick to interrupt.

"As it has been pointed out, it clearly says Dumbledores army, not Potters. I instructed Harry to form this organization, and I, I alone, am responsible for their activities" the old man said.

I parted my lips slightly at his lie, surprised that he was willing to give up his position as head of the school to save us.
Unfortunately, that wasn't only what was about to happen, Dumbledore was going to Azkaban to wait for his trial.

Of course, the ministry didn't get away that easy, and instead, Dumbledores Phoenix flew right over his head, making orange flames appear, and then, he was gone.

-

"How could you!" Draco exclaimed as we stormed back into the common room.
I tried my hardest to get away from the blonde, but seeing as he was a lot taller than me, my attempt didn't work.

"Woah, what's going on!?" Blaise asked, confusion plastered across his face.
Pansy, Blaise, and Theo were sitting at their usual spot, confused as to what Draco and I were arguing about.

"She joined Dumbledores army, and didn't tell anyone!" Draco explained angrily, making our friends look back and forth between Draco and me.

"Is that true?" Pansy asked, disappointment lingering in her voice.
I looked down at the ground, giving away the answer.

Pansy let out a sigh, her disappointment being way more hurtful than any argument I could have with Draco.

"I promised not to tell anyone! And Draco joined Umbridge squad, which I would say is a lot worse! We just wanted to learn how to fight back, Voldemort is out there, I saw it myself and I will not get myself or the people I love killed!" I yelled, my throat suddenly tightening.