17

-

We were bound to hate each other,
Yet our eyes couldn't stop staring,
Our hands couldn't stop touching
And our hearts couldn't stop loving.

-

Days quickly went by, and time was going fast.
We had spent most of our time studying, sneaking around, playing in the snow, and squabble about who won in wizards chess.

December was coming around, making powdery snow appear on the ground.
The air became thicker than last month, and it was almost unbearable to go outside without a scarf.

"Elaine!" Pansy exclaimed excitedly, pulling me in a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her, taking in her embrace.

Pansy had arranged that every Saturday, she, Blaise, Theo, Draco, and I would hang out.
She mostly did it so Draco and I could get along, but it mostly ended in an argument of some sort.

This week we were meeting at the lake. Pansy had planned a surprise, and none of us could guess what the creative girl had come up with this time.

"Hello" Theo chirped in, skipping happily in the snow.

Soon Blaise and Draco joined as well, leaving us altogether.

"So what are we doing this time, Parkinson?" Draco asked annoyed.

"First of all, call me Pansy" she stated, tired of his attitude. Pansy gave him a sickly sweet smile before continuing.

"We are ice skating! The lake is frozen and I have ice skates!" Pansy squealed excitedly.
Draco rolled his eyes at her high-pitched voice, which I found adorable.

"Alright!" Theo exclaimed, skipping towards the lake. Blaise nodded along, trying to hide the fact that he, was also excited.

Soon enough all three of them were putting on their ice skates.

"Uh.. Pansy?" I asked, breaking the silence in the thick December air.

"Yeah?" She asked, looking up from her shoes.
I bit my lip nervously.

"I don't know how to ice skate.." I admitted embarrassingly, my cold cheeks suddenly becoming a fair tint of red.

"Pathetic" I heard Draco mumble behind me.
I clenched my fist trying to contain my temper.

"Like you could do any better!" I spat, turning around to face the fair boy,

"Oh, I can!" He spat back, standing up with his ice skates on.

"Stop fighting! Elaine, it's okay. We understand!" Pansy reassured me, turning me away from Draco.

I began putting my own ice skates on, struggling a little.

"Uh guys- I don't know how to ice skate either," Theo said raising his hand. I smiled lightly at the brown-haired boy, he was always so awkward.

"I thought nobody knew how-" he admitted, confusion taking over his face.

"It's alright Theo, at least I'm not alone," I said helping the skinny boy up from the ground.

We slowly moved towards the frozen lake, holding each other tightly, scared to fall.

"Wait guys this isn't gonna work- neither one of you know how to skate" Pansy sighed, seeing how we were struggling.

"Blaise if you take Elaine then I will take Theo," She said as Blaise made his way towards me.

"What about me?" Draco asked, clearly feeling left out.

"Draco, you will just be your miserable self," Pansy said, smiling at the blonde boy.
Draco huffed before stepping on the lake.