5

-

How can I trust?
For some, it might be easy
But I find it very hard.
How can you trust when your heart is not?

-

"Elaine!" Hermione yelled, Ron and Harry following her.
I was walking back to the common room eager to put my feet up and relax as we had just gotten dismissed.

"Harry has something to say to you!" She announced, tension soon filling the air.
I smiled a bit waiting for him to speak up.

"Listen Elaine.." Harry began.
I looked up and raised my eyebrows at the brunette in front of me.

"I'm sorry for being strange. I thought you were bad news because you are in Slytherin but-"

"Bad news? Why would I be bad news just because I'm in Slytherin?" I quickly interrupted, mad yet curious.

Harry looked down embarrassed.
Ron nudged him gently in the shoulder, making him speak up.

"All bad wizards and witches were in Slytherin.." he stated. I widened my eyes.
That couldn't be true? I mean Pansy was so nice to me.

I clenched my jaw trying to think of something clever to say.

"Potter. Do you have any idea of what your parents did?" I asked loudly, surprised by my sudden outburst.

"What my parents did? What did they do? Die?" He asked sarcastically.
Ron and Hermione looked down as if they knew something he didn't.

Tears were threatening to spill, and the back of my throat was burning like it was on fire.
I clenched my fists trying to hold my tears in, but it was no help.

That's the thing when you feel too much and nothing at all at the same time, it's hard to control.

I blinked as tears fell down my cold cheeks. Harry looked shocked at me, but I didn't care.

"In a matter of fact, your parents killed my parents!" I now yelled with shaky breaths.
I quickly turned around before anyone could get another word in.

It was so hard for me to stand in front of the boy, whose parents doomed mine to death.
Sure, it wasn't his fault, but seeing his face and remembering what his blood did, angered me.

As I was running down the hall I passed Pansy, she looked at me concerned.
My face was puffy, and my eyes were red from the tears. She could clearly see something was wrong.

"Elaine! Wait up!" She yelled trying to keep up but quickly lost me.

-

I slid down against a tall tree by the lake, hugging my knees tightly.

I took a deep breath in of the autumn air.
Deeply exhaling the now-warm air.

I didn't realize how frustrated I was until I sat down and took it all in. I let my mind wander.

Was I evil? Were my parents evil?
I quickly got interrupted by my thoughts.

"Blythe! I have been looking all over the castle for you!" A familiar voice said.

I quickly wiped my tears trying to hide the fact that I was crying not even a minute ago.
"sorry I-" I said but were quickly interrupted.
"Are you crying?" Draco asked as I sniffed.

"What? No!" I stated like I had no idea what he was talking about.

He sat down beside me and ran his hand gently through his hair.
"What's wrong?" He asked almost.. sympathetic?