13

-

Lying was never easy for me,
It would always leave a bad taste
in my mouth.
Now the lies rolled off my tongue so easily,
But the lies soon became too loud.

-

"What happened out there?" Blaise asked curiously as we sat in the common room.
I had gotten back from the hospital wing a few hours after the incident.

"Yeah! What happened? You missed the whole day!" Theo exclaimed just as curious.

"I don't want to talk about it" I sighed as I rubbed my head, my wound still hurting.
They looked dissatisfied but nodded understandingly.

I still couldn't wrap my head around everything that happened.

Who are Scarlett and Elijah Blythe then?
Am I even a Blythe?
Lily and James Potter are my real parents?
Why didn't I know this?
Harry Potter is my brother?
No that can't be right, we're the same age!
Something is not adding up.

I was quickly pulled out of my thought when Pansy snapped her fingers right in front of my face.

"Elaine? Are you there?" She chuckled lightly.
I rolled my eyes playfully and pushed her hand away.

"Shall we get to bed?" I asked formally offering Pansy my arm. She gave me a cheeky smile before returning the favor.

"Indeed Ms. Blythe," she said as she took my arm.

"Goodnight boys," we said in unison, before making our way towards our dorm.

-

"When are you going to tell me?" Pansy whispered curiously.

We were in the middle of class, waiting for our professor. Pansy and I sat behind Draco and Blaise, while Theo was across the room.

Suddenly the door opened with a loud thump, making a few students flinch at the sound.

Snape walked in, his shoes tapping loudly against the concrete. He closed every blind harshly, making me gulp.

"Turn to page 394," Snape said unfazed.
I gulped at his monotone voice.

We began as told, flipping through the old book.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked, earning a few glares.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Snape started. Harry gulped nervously, and I couldn't help but do the same.

"Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time," Snape said unbothered.

I raised my brow, trying to read his facial expression, but it was no use. He always had the same monotone facial expression plastered on his face.

"Turn to page 394," he said again.
Ron fumbled with the pages, being too slow for Snape's liking.
Snape took his wand and opened the book right on page 394.

The red-haired Gryffindor read the page and gulped nervously.

"Werewolves?" He asked horrified.
I looked at the page myself and sure enough "werewolves" were written across the page.

"But sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks" Hermione interrupted. I widened my eyes at her bravery, but she was in Gryffindor after all.

"Quiet" Snape said annoyed.
The class soon fell quiet by the greasy-haired man's essence.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" He asked.

Hermione quickly stuck her hand up as the only one, waving it desperately.

"No one?" Snape ignored her.
She became even more eager, and almost lifted herself off her seat.

"Please, sir" Hermione began.

"An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is.
He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path.
Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind" she continued.

Suddenly Draco imitated a wolf's howl, earning a few laughs from Crabbe and Goyle.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy," Snape said sarcastically. Draco smirked before looking around the class for approval, that's when we locked eyes.

He rolled his tongue against his cheek, before smirking and winking at me.
I glared at him, and he quickly looked away.

"That's the second time you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"
Snape continued. Hermione looked down embarrassed.

"Five points from Gryffindor!" Snape yelled, making the red house groan.

"As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis on recognizing it," He said sternly.

"Good day not to be a Gryffindor, eh?" Pansy asked, nudging me in the side.
I gulped and nodded in agreement.

-