20

-

"I got you," you said
as a tear fell down my cheek.
I looked up at you with pleading eyes,
Wishing,
No, begging,
That what you said was true.
I used to think of you as someone
Who would never lie.
That has changed,
And I wasn't prepared for losing you too.

-

"Elaine?" A muffled voice asked.
I felt the cold wind against my skin, sending shivers through my frail body. I could feel myself in someone's grasp, holding me tightly.

"It's cold" I mumbled.
I slowly opened my eyes to see Sirius holding my head carefully.

"You passed out," he said smiling a bit. I squinted my eyes as I sat up, my head still pounding.

"I think I've managed to stop the bleeding a bit," he said referring to the old piece of cloth from his prisoner uniform, wrapped around my head.

"Come on," he said, helping me stand up.
And there we were, standing godfather and goddaughter, looking at the castle known as Hogwarts.

Suddenly Harry came up to us, standing beside Sirius. I looked ashamed at him, feeling guilty that I didn't tell him we were related sooner.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man" Sirius said, admiring the big castle in front of us.

"That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it" he said to Harry. I raised my eyebrows, confused as to what they were talking about.

"Well, I just didn't think my dad would have wanted his two best friends to become killers.
Besides, dead, the truth dies with him. Alive, you're free" Harry said truthfully.

"I don't know if you know, Harry... but when you two were born, James and Lily made me your godfather," Sirius said as the moonlight reflected in his dark eyes.

"I know" Harry admitted.

"I can understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle Harry, and if you Elaine want to stay at the orphanage.. but if you ever wanted a different home..." Sirius started. I widened my eyes as I realized what he had said.

"What? Come and live with you?" Harry said, excitement reflecting in his tired voice.

"It's just a thought. I can understand if you don't want to" Sirius said, but I knew he hoped we would live at his.

"That sounds lovely, Sirius" I interrupted, earning a grateful smile from the man I had soon built trust with.

"Harry!" Hermione suddenly yelled, pointing at the sky.

We looked up at the sky to see the full moon revealing itself from behind the soft clouds.
It was blinding bright, and the light slowly crept its way onto the whomping willow, then on Lupin.

Lupin began to act strange, dropping his wand and straining his neck.
It was first when Sirius ran up to him, trying to calm him that I understood that he was turning.

Suddenly Pettigrew grabbed Lupin's wand, pointing it at himself.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled, confiscating the wand in Pettigrew's grip.
Pettigrew smirked devilishly before slowly turning back into a rat.

"No!" I yelled, trying to run after Pettigrew.
I knew if he got away, Sirius wouldn't have any proof, therefore he would be sent back to Azkaban.

"Elaine!" Hermione yelled, holding me back.
I groaned as I tried to escape from her grip but I was too weak to fight.

Lupin's skin stretched, as well as his face. His spine broke his clothes and his eyes turned yellow. He looked horrifying.