49

-

Love will come
And love will heal
Love will go
And love will make you kneel.

-

I stepped on the train, excitement filling the air as students were eager to get back to Hogwarts.
It was hard saying goodbye to Sirius, after all, I didn't know when I was gonna see him again.

I scanned the different corridors until I finally found the one my Slytherin friends were sitting in.
This time Theo and Luna had joined us too, leaving us altogether.

I greeted them with a big hug, and that's when I met eyes with Draco.
"Are you wearing it?" Was the first thing he said. A small smile crept on my lips as I sat down beside him, not answering his question.

Draco's eyebrows furrowed, probably worried that I wasn't wearing the ring.
He glanced at my hand before noticing the silver ring on my ring finger.

A small sigh escaped his lips, probably relieved that I didn't reject him.
The others looked back and forth between Draco and me, confused as to what I supposedly should wear.

Without warning, Draco intervened our fingers, slightly stroking his thumb against the ring.
Pansy's face was filled with excitement as she noticed, but I glared at her, which kept her mouth shut.

The six friends we once were, turned into three couples.

-

Pansy and I finally got to our dorm, unpacking after an exhausting yet well-deserved holiday.
It seemed like Pansy had something on her mind, but as soon as I was about to ask she spoke up.

"Tell me everything!" She squealed, jumping on my bed.
I rolled my eyes at her behavior, knowing she had to hold it in for long.

"What do you mean?" I asked, acting dumb.
Now it was Pansy's turn to roll her eyes, so far back her head even, it seemed like she was looking for her missing brain.

"About Draco of course," she giggled as she hit my head with her pillow.

"First of all, ouch, second of all" I began but didn't say anything.
Instead, I just handed her the letter.

Pansy's eyes scanned the words written neatly on the letter, her eyes widening as she finished.
She looked between the letter and my finger, the same way Fred had done.

Without warning she jumped into my arms, squealing in excitement.
"Finally!" She exclaimed, making me lightly chuckle, although I couldn't breathe due to her almost choking me.

"Blaise owes me 20!" She laughed, which made me raise an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly, which only made Pansy laugh harder.

"We have been betting since third year. Everyone could see you had the hots for each other!" She laughed.

"Wait, betting?" I asked once again.
Pansy calmed down as she tried to explain the bet.

"Blaise thought you would be the one to ask, and I thought Draco would. I won!" She squealed.
I laughed at her statement, knowing this was typical of our friends.

"I knew he liked you, but I didn't know he was in love with you!" She said surprised.
I could feel my face heat up as the words left her mouth, slightly embarrassed, yet flattered that the Draco Malfoy was in love with me.

"Are you in love with him? Because last time I asked you about love, you said you didn't believe in it." She said.
I remembered back to our previous conversation, a hint of embarrassment on my face as I did so.

I let out a long breath before answering her question.

"I suppose my feelings have changed about love because when I look at him I suddenly understand it all" I breathed.
Pansy seemed taken back by what I had said, and instead of the squealing mess she was a minute ago, now she just hugged me tightly.

"I am so happy for you"

-

As the weeks went on, spring had finally bloomed, leaving the snow to melt and leaves forming on the branches of the trees again.

A mass outbreak in Azkaban had happened, and it was all over the news headlines.
Dumbledores army suspected that it was Voldemort's doing, but I didn't suspect, I knew.

The ministry thought that Sirius was behind it all, still being in denial that Voldemort was back.
I scoffed at the news as soon as I found out, knowing that Sirius wasn't the mass murder they all thought he was.

Their motive was that his cousin was Bellatrix Lestrange - one of the escapers.
I knew Sirius didn't have anything to do with it since he had nothing to do with her, other than they shared blood.

As we were sitting in the great hall, reading the thousands of articles about the outbreak, Draco was nowhere to be seen.

"What's going on with him?" I asked Pansy. Her eyes widened at my question, a slight hint of shock could be found in them.

"You don't know?" Theo answered the exact same expression on his face could be found on Pansy.

"Elaine, Bellatrix Lestrange is Draco's aunt," Pansy said lowly.
I felt shivers through my whole body as the words left her mouth, confused as to why everything was connected to the blonde.

I excused myself quickly, taken back by the news.
I went straight to the common room, my heart not keeping up with my feet.

As I entered the common room, sure enough, a familiar tall boy was sitting in front of the fire.

"Draco?" I asked softly, not wanting to startle him any further than the news probably already had.
He turned around to face me, his face cold and lifeless.

"What?" He spat, taking me by surprise.
"Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked, anger forming inside of me.

Draco scoffed before speaking up again.
"I don't have to tell you everything, do I?" He hissed.

I suppose he was right, I didn't tell him everything either, including Dumbledore's army.
I didn't have the right to stay mad at him, considering the secrets I was keeping from him.

Instead I just silently sat down beside him, not daring to say another word.
I felt guilty for not telling him, but now that we were equal the guilt was shadowed by anger.

"I guess not," I lowly said, trying to contain my temper.
Draco turned around to face me again, his expression surprised.

I didn't look him in the eye, instead, I kept my gaze on the roaring fire in front of us.
None of us said another word. I wasn't sure if we were afraid of what the other might say, or afraid that whatever we said would change how things were.

I liked it that way, for now.
He didn't have to tell me about his distant family, therefore I didn't have to tell him about Dumbledores army, it seemed fair to me.

-