72

-

I feel the dirt in my bones,
Wash it away with your tongue.
Our last night,
In this paradise.
Just you and me.

-

A spell was casted over Hogwarts. It was meant to protect us like a shield - at least for a little while to prepare for the big fight.
We all knew it was happening now, and fear and chaos had spread around the students.
I separated myself from the order and went to the dungeons. I had to check on my friends before everything went to shit.

They were trapped behind bars, and I couldn't help but think how unfair it was for some of the people in there.
I saw first years crying on the floor, third years trying to act strong, fifth years with a blank face and then - my friends. I rushed towards them, and as soon as Pansy noticed me we embraced each other and Theo was quick to join the hug. For a moment I felt relief. But that relief soon turned into worry when I realized Draco and Blaise wasn't with them.

"Where is Draco? Where is Blaise? Where are they?" I panicked.
Their faces didn't ease my anxiety. "What happened! Tell me where they are!"

"Elaine, calm down. As far as we know they are not hurt. But, we don't know" Pansy said calmly, but I could hear the fear behind her voice.

"I have to find them" I said and looked up.
"I have to find him."

-

When I left the dungeons the chaos had escalated.
The shield that was supposed to protect us, was starting to break after Voldemort's followers fired through it.
I quickly ran up the stares when a window exploded in front of me.
My body fell backwards against the wall as I hid my head. I was still conscious so I took that as my cue and slowly got up. My head was pounding, and i was sure some glass was stuck on my forehead somewhere, but right now I just had to find Draco.

I shot spells and dodged all I could, and finally I found a familiar face. My brother.
He was sitting down with a shocked expression of his face, and soon I realized Hermione and Ron was with him.

I quickly ran towards them in relief, and as soon as they saw me their faces became less worried.
"I'm so glad you're all okay" I said as I embraced them all separately.

Hermione and Ron had a sorrow filled look on their faces. Their body language had seemed to changed too, and I was sure their romance had sparked.

"Yeah almost, Malfoy and his crew tried to kill us" Ron said bitterly.
I felt my face drain from blood and my throat become dry.
"What?" I asked.

"Goyle shot the Avada Cadavra spell at me" Hermione said. I felt my heart sink.
"But he's dead now" Harry followed. As if my heart couldn't sink further, it did.

"He's dead?" I asked in disbelief and got a small nod in return from Harry.
"But-" I started and panic started to rise inside me. If Goyle was dead, and Draco and Blaise was with him. Wouldn't that mean they were dead too?

"Where is Draco and Blaise? Are they dead too? Harry where is he!?" I asked loudly, but my voice was trembling.
"No we saved them" Harry said.
I ran towards him and embraced him in yet another hug.
"Thank you. I have to go" I said. Harry nodded in understanding.

I got up and went into the storm again. Hogwarts had never looked worse.
Dead bodies of children laying on the floor. The professors screams as they defended their students. I needed to find Draco.
I hurried between the students. Some who were only just turning 11.

Trolls and monsters were destroying the place.
Death eaters who killed everything in sight just to not get killed them selves. And those with no remorse as they do so.

It felt like hours had passed in minutes, but when I bumped into something I came out of my trance.
I stopped running and looked up. Familiar platinum blonde hair and that haunting face. I had never been more happy to see him in my entire life.

"Draco" I managed to cry out and embraced him tightly.
He seemed to share the same relief as he tightly hugged me back, his heartbeat so fast I could feel it.

"I-" I cried, but he seemed to understand and just softly stroked my hair.
"Elaine we have to find a safer place" he calmly said. I looked at him and wondered if "we" was just him and I. When I didn't see Blaise, I began to panic.

"Where's Blaise?" I interrupted him.
"Don't worry, he's fine. We separated when I went to look for you" that answer made me less worried, but I couldn't help that fear I wouldn't see him again.

"Come on, let's go" Draco said.
"Where?" I asked.

He didn't get to answer. Voldemort's voice rang through our heads again.
I began to shake. Draco noticed this and embraced me again. We listened to his message in each other's embrace in hope that it would ease our fear.

"You have fought valiantly.. but in vain. I do not wish this, every blood of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity." He started. I looked into Draco eyes with a small hope inside of me. But when he looked at me I saw that he knew there was no hope.
Voldemort began again.

"Harry Potter, I now directly speak to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the forbidden forest and confront your fate. If you do not this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child, who tries to conceal you from me."

I rested my forehead on Draco's shoulder as I let out a post-cry sigh.
"He can't do it. We have to find him" I said and looked up at Draco. He sighed as he avoided eye contact.

"You know I can't. Elaine, they will kill me. They will kill you" he said. I knew it would be his answer, but part of me still felt disappointed. I nodded in fear that if I spoke I would began crying again.

"I love you so much, Elaine." Draco said as if we're gonna be our last time together.
"And I want you to know, that no matter what happens I will always love you"

"Draco, please stop" I said so quietly that it was almost a whisper.
"I mean it, Elaine. I need you to know" he insisted, and as he said that a repressed tear fell down his cheek.
And right then I took in all of him. I wanted to remember every last bit, just in case.
The way his hair flopped a bit more to the right, or the way his forehead would scrunch if he was serious. I took in his scent. The apples, mint, cologne, smoke. I saw him for all that he was, all that he am, and all that he will be. And I knew he did the same.

"I love you too. I love you so much" I said.
With that our lips locked, and I melted into his touch.
When we separated he wiped my tear and kissed my forehead.
"Goodbye"

-