33

-

He's like the rain.
Harsh and can cause thunder,
But can look so delicate and make you wonder.
He's like the rain.
Not many people like it,
But I do.
I love the rain.

-

"I can't believe I'm doing this" I whispered passive-aggressively to my twin brother also known as the chosen one.

All the tri-wizard champions were standing together in a group, waiting for the interviews to start.

Suddenly a woman appeared in a puff of smoke. She was well-groomed and dressed colorfully.
"What a charismatic quartet. Hello!" her squeaky voice said.

I roll my eyes at her positive attitude earning a nudge in the side from harry.
I glare at the brunette until I'm interrupted again by the walking rainbow.

"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course, you know that don't you. It's you we don't know, you're the news." she started.

"What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? what mysteries do the muscles mask? does courage lie beneath those curls? Or what brings a prisoner here?" she continues making me growl at her boldness.

"In short, what makes a champion tick. Me, myself, and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm?" she asked.

"Shall we start with the youngest?" She said as she pulled me aside from the others.

The short woman opens a door to a small dark room.

"This is cozy." she hummed.
I glared at her before she spoke up again.

"So Elaine, here you sit, a mere girl of twelve.." she started.
"I'm fourteen, you psycho" I mumbled, earning a quick look from Rita.

"About to compete against four students. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than you, but also your very own brother. Concerned?" she asked provokingly.

"Wasnt exactly my choice" I spat, the anger radiating off of me.

"Course you're not just any ordinary girl of twelve are you..." she said once again calling me twelve.

"I'm Fourteen, are you dyslexic or something?" I asked, the blonde lady clearly getting to me.

"You're a feisty one, I like it! Do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament? You know, being raised in Azkaban?" She asked, making my ears fume with rage.

"I didn't enter the stupid tournament!" I yelled a little bit too loud for my own liking.

"Course you didn't! Everyone loves a rebel, Elaine." She laughed sarcastically.

"Speaking of your parents, were they alive, how do you think they'd feel? proud? or concerned that your attitude shows at best a pathological need for attention, at worst a psychotic death wish." She asked.
The mention of my parents made my throat dry. Of course, they wouldn't be proud of how I turned out.

"I'm done with this shit," I said before grabbing my things and storming out of the dark room.

-

I slammed the door to the Slytherin common room, throwing my bag to the floor in anger.

"Someone's mad" a familiar voice whispered.
I turned around and locked eyes with four Slytherins also known as my friends.

"Are you okay El?" Pansy asked and padded the leather couch, motioning for me to sit next to her.
I flopped down on the couch letting out a long sigh I didn't know I was holding in.