45

-

I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, Did you forgive the world too when you met me?

-

"God I can't wait for this class to be over" Pansy mumbled before the class had even started.
We were in Umbridge first class, and none of us was looking forward to it.

Some students were playing around with a flying paper bird, until it suddenly burned and landed on a table, crumbling to dust.
I looked up and met eyes with the pink freak show, her lips were pressed in a thin line, and her eyes were scanning the room carefully.

She began walking towards the class while her high-pitched voice explained the owls.
I groaned at her annoyance but didn't get to sulk long before a hardcover book landed on my table.

"Your previous instructions in this subject have been disturbingly uneven. But you will be pleased to know from now on, you will be following a carefully structured, ministry-approved, course of defense of magic." She started.
I furrowed my eyebrows at her statement, confused as to how we would learn to fight back without using spells.

As if Hermione had heard my thoughts, she raised her hand.
"Yes?" Umbridge asked, making Hermione gulp before speaking up.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells," she asked confusion taking over her face.

"Using spells? Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom" the pink lady laughed, making me shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"We're not gonna use magic?" Ron asked curiously.
"You will be learning about defensive spells, in a secure, risk-free way" she answered as if that would put a bright smile on all of our faces. Instead, it did the opposite.

"What use is that? If we're gonna be attacked it won't be risk-free?" Harry said without raising his hand, making Umbridge scold him.

She began talking about examinations and risk-free magic before Harry interrupted her again.
I could tell he was tense talking about the subject, but something in him was eager to get it out too.

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" He asked, frustration building up in his voice.
"There's nothing out there, dear" She answered sickly sweetly, knowing damn well that wasn't the truth.
I scoffed at her remark, earning a glare from the walking candy floss.

"Who do you imagine would attack children like yourself?" She asked.
Harry was quick with his comeback.

"Oh I don't know, maybe lord Voldemort," he said sarcastically.
A small grin formed on my lips, Harry was right and Umbridge wasn't gonna tell us what was real and what wasn't.

Umbridge was silent for a couple of seconds, thinking of what to say.
She began walking closer to the class as she began talking again.

"Now let me make this quite plain. You have been told, that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie" she tried to convince us.
I could feel myself clenching my fists hardly, my heartbeat suddenly raising.
Without thinking I pushed myself up from my seat aggressively, making the other students look frightening at me.

"Are you that psychopathic? It's not a lie! Both Harry and I saw him, we fought him!" I yelled, anger radiating off of me.

"Detention Mrs. Potter!" She interrupted.
As anger kept building up in me, the tables began to shake lightly, and the lights began flickering.

"So Cedric just died all by himself!? And I got tortured because I wanted to!?" I yelled, the tense atmosphere in the room becoming heavier than before.