28

-

Never in a million years did I think you would be the one to save me.
Truth is I'm glad you were.

-

Draco and I hadn't talked since the night at the lake. Harry was caught up in his own stuff, while the other three Slytherins I called my friends enjoyed their time at Hogwarts.

Everything seemed out of place, odd-even.
Everyone seemed fine, it was like I was the only one who felt uneasy.

I couldn't stop thinking about Draco; More specifically what he said.

"But Tiny is cute, Slicky is not!"
"Why would you call me something 'cute'"

The memory kept replaying in my head like a vinyl stuck in place.
It wasn't that big of a deal but I still couldn't seem to get the irritating boy out of my mind.

"El!" A high-pitched voice yelled, interrupting my thoughts.

I met eyes with the familiar raven-haired girl. Her eyes shined down at me, and she had an excited expression on her fair face.

We were in Moody's class.
He had just entered the door when Pansy, fortunately, interrupted my daydreaming.

'Alastor Moody' he wrote harshly on the blackboard in front of us.
I gulped slightly at his passive-aggressive attitude, and so did the others seated around me.

"Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of the story, goodbye, the end" The intimidating man rushed.

Pansy's eyes widened as she glanced at me, I returned the scared look but quickly put on a brave face.

"Any questions?" Moody asked.
His prosthetic eye glided around the room, looking for volunteers.
The students stayed quiet, the silence almost being unbearable.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" He continued.

Hermione was quick to speak up this time.
"Three sir" she spoke quickly, saving the rest of the class from speaking up.

"And they are so named?" He asked again while writing harshly on the frail blackboard.

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will..." Hermione explained but trailed off trying her best to keep on a brave face.

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct" Moody ended Hermione's sentence.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me at the mention of Azkaban.
All I could do was glare back, making my classmates turn around in fear.

"Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared." He growled, clearly getting heated from the topic.

"So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley!" Moody yelled making the red-haired boy stand up.

"Yes." Ron gulped, his voice slightly trembling.

"Give us a curse," Moody said.
I parted my lips slightly at what he had said, I didn't believe he would actually show them.