76

-

Pain comes and goes,
But my love will stay.
Help me through this darkness,
And let me fade away.

-

Draco and I got outside when both Harry and Voldemort were on the ground.
Harry was desperately reaching for Draco's wand, while Voldemort was reaching for the elder wand.

I was about to run over to Harry when Draco harshly pulled me back.
Right as he did, a bright light could be seen. They had both gotten their wand around the same time, and their fatal spells stood against each other like how the waves crash against the shore.

Voldemort had seen to be taking control, so I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.
I imagined every last bit of power I had in me, collecting together. All the anger I felt, I moved to my fingers. Draco was looking terrified at me, when I noticed the black veins. I gave him a nod before pulling my hands in the air. I just did what felt right, it was like I was born to do this.

I pushed my hands towards where Voldemort was standing, and soon enough the telekinesis hit him. He started off by screaming, but that screaming soon turned worse, and I noticed Harry had pulled back.

They killed the snake I thought.

I didn't hesitate.
My screams echoed throughout all of what was left of Hogwarts. I felt on fire, like I had razor blades under my skin. It hurt so bad, but felt so right that I knew I had to do it.

I noticed blood was coming out of my nose and mouth. Maybe my eyes too? Everything was red and I couldn't tell the difference.

"Elaine stop" I heard Draco say, but I didn't stop.
"Elaine stop you're going to kill your self!" He kept yelling but I just didn't stop.

"No!" I yelled, but the voice didn't sound like me. It sounded foreign, and was not a voice I had heard before. But it was my voice. I pushed it all out of me.

I thought about Sirius. How unfair life had been to him. And then Remus. Everything was so unfair. Lily and James Potter, my parents, gone too. And It was all because of that.

I thought about how young my parents were when they died. Only 21.
I thought about how unfair it was that students, children, died because of that.

Everything he had taken from us. I wanted to make sure his death was painful.
I took a deep breath in and let out a throat burning scream.

Voldemort fell down and dropped his wand. Harry quickly caught it, and right as he did so Voldemort started to tear apart.
I screamed and I cried. Everything hurt. And like it was one last push, I finally felt the need to stop.

I instantly fell down. My vision was blurry, so everything was just hues of colors.
"No!" I heard Draco say, but I didn't understand. I had killed Voldemort, he was dead. It was a good thing.
I let out a breathy laugh and noticed Harry's figure was on his way towards me.

My eyes closed in relief.
I opened my eyes to see a battlefield in front of me. dead classmates lying everywhere, some were friends, some enemies.

And there he was, the familiar platinum blonde boy I fell in love with, holding me in his arms, crying over my fragile body. He rocked me back and forth, begging for me to stay.

"We did it" I managed to croak out, a small smile playing on my lips.
"Elaine. Please,. this wasn't my intention!" He cried hopelessly.

I reached for his cold hand, to see his palm covered in warm blood.
As my eyes widened with shock and fear, I realized the blood was not his, nor was it blood from the dying around us.
It was my blood.
I was dying.

"I- I love" I stuttered, before I felt more blood come out of my mouth. This seemed to make Draco cry even harder.
When I tried to speak again he stopped me.
"I know" he said, trying to sound normal - but his gentle voice was breaking.

"I-I" was all I could say before my existence suddenly became blurry.

It felt like I was suffocating, my breath suddenly becoming heavy.
My vision was going fuzzy and my senses weakening.

I stared at Draco, wishing I was strong enough to feel his lips on mine one last time.
A warm tear fell down my cheek, blending in with the blood of the deceased around us.

I had been fighting all my life, and I was tired. I didn't want to fight anymore.

"It hurts.. please" I begged as one last tear rolled down my cheek.
His crying became louder, echoing through my veins.

i couldnt help but smile in my final moments. it wasn't a kind way to go but it was more peaceful than any other moment in my entire lifetime.

I felt the darkness surround me, waiting for the pain to stop.

But the darkness didn't retreat. It stayed.
Suddenly I was gone.

We would never get married now, never have kids.
We wouldn't grow old together like we promised each other.
I broke my promise, but I was finally at peace.

I was no longer in pain.
I was no longer fighting.
I think Draco knew this was bound to happen, we were never bound to end up together.

My soul was slowly leaving my body, gathering all my memories.
In the end we'll all just become stories.
I realized not every story deserves a happy ending, surely not mine.
I just wished we had more time, I wished I had said a proper goodbye.

I hoped my story was worth reading twice.
I hoped it was worth it for people to be flipping through the pages, heartbreak and sorrow filling them, yet still being able to see the light.

Everything went numb.
I had played my final cards.

My story had finally come to an end, my book finally closing.

And all that was left now, were our
Aching Hearts

-