31

-

Why does the crowd become silent as soon as I step into the room?
Danger isn't radiating off of me,
So why is everyone scared of what I might do?

-

The great hall was filled with laughter and chatter, the yellow lights above shining dimly down at us.

It was time to find out who the champions for the tri-wizard tournament were.

Pansy was eager to find out who the champions might be, me on the other hand, not so much.

Draco, Blaise, and Theo were sitting across from us.

Draco had been ignoring my existence since our intense stare at the goblet of fire.
He wouldn't even look me in the eyes, which was strange since that seemed to be all he did.

"Sit down please!" Dumbledores voice spoke, taking me out of my daydreaming.

"And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" He yelled, dragging out the suspension.

Dumbledore approached the roaring blue flame, not long before it glowed a bloody red.

A small piece of parchment came out of the flame. The great hall was silent, anxiousness taking over the atmosphere.

"The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!"
The old man yelled.

The Durmstrang crowd cheered loudly, proud of their classmate.
Draco could even be seen smiling a bit.

Suddenly another paper came out of the flame, making the great hall silent in suspense again.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore yelled once again.

The Beauxbatons girls cheered as Fleur walked proudly towards Dumbledore.

"Merlin she's so pretty!" Blaise beamed over the pale blonde girl.
Pansy seemed to get upset over his comment but didn't have long to sulk since Draco's cold voice spoke up.

"She's not my type" he scoffed, taking the boys by surprise.

We locked eyes for the first time in days.
His stare made my once cold cheeks turn into a bright blush. I quickly hid my face, trying to ignore the boy but I could still feel his intense stare.

Fortunately, I didn't have long to sulk either, since Dumbledore spoke up once again.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" He yelled loudly.

Cedric stood up proudly, a goofy smile could be found on his sharp face.

I cheered loudly for the boy.
He had become quite a good friend, and he was the Hogwarts champion.

Dumbledore continued to praise the boy and talk about the tournament.

That was until the goblet glowed red once again, and another name flew out.

The old man grabbed the piece of paper carefully, confusion plastered upon his face.
He cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Harry and Elaine Potter?" He confusedly said, making the great hall gasp.

My eyes widened as I looked in disbelief at my brother. I was mad at him for entering us in the dangerous tournament.

Harry awkwardly walked towards Dumbledore, but I remained glued in my seat.

"Elaine Potter!" He yelled once more, waiting patiently for me to step up.

My eyes glazed the dimly light room, waiting for answers. Blaise and Theo looked sympathetically at me, while Draco's stare was filled with fear.

"Come on Elaine.. you have to" Pansy tried, but not even her voice could change my mind.

"I'm not going!" I hissed a little louder.
Fear had begun to cover the once anger that was building up inside of me.

Suddenly I could feel a pair of eyes on me. Burning right through me.
And of course, it was no other than the irritating boy I had developed strange feelings for.

His stare seemed distant and cold, yet so sensitive and pleading.
He looked frightened and angry, but most of all confused.

I glared at my brother in disbelief, silently walking towards the two.
My feet found their way next to Harry, and we awkwardly shifted in our spot, waiting for the scolding that was about to concur.
Dumbledore handed us the papers slowly, his hand hesitantly pulled away.

"They're a cheat! They're not even seventeen yet." A voice could be heard from a boy in the crowd.

I stared angrily at the boy, trying to seem intimidating. Instead, the fearful look on his face turned into a smug smirk.

-

Harry and I walked into an empty room as well as the other champions.
The heavy door closed with a thump, and I didn't waste another second.

"How could you do that?!" My voice yelled angrily, practically jumping on my own brother.

Anger was radiating off of me, and my aura darkened.
Suddenly the shelves began to shake, as well as the trophies.

"Ela-El-Elaine stop!" He yelped between my weak punches, trying to stop the chaos I had caused.

I quickly stopped when I realized what my powers had done.
I was still on top of Harry, his hands holding my wrist tightly.

"Not a word to anyone about this! Understand?!" I yelled to the other champions.
They all nodded silently, a frightened look plastered across their faces.

Suddenly Dumbledore burst in, taking us by surprise.

"Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?!" He growled angrily, pushing Harry and me back.

"No sir." Harry gulped. I shot him a suspicious look, before speaking up myself.

"Are you sick in the head?! Why would I?!" I growled back, anger radiating off of me.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" Dumbledore asked once again.

"No, I did not!" I yelled, clenching my fist tightly. Harry glared at me, clearly annoyed by my lack of manners.

"No sir." He answered silently.

"You're absolutely sure?" Dumbledore asked once again. I was about to yell at him when Harry slapped his hand over my mouth.

"Yes sir." He answered quickly.

"Well of course they're lying," a tall woman said, earning a long glare from me.

"The hell he is. The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year." Mad-Eye explained quickly.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye." Igor spat angrily at the one-eyed man.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?" Mad-Eye tried.

"That doesn't help Alastor. Leave this to you Barty." Dumbledore sighed.

I looked confusedly at Harry, who seemed to be as confused as me.

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. The Potters has no choice, they're as of
tonight... a tri-wizards champion." Barty said dramatically.

"No the hell we aren't! I didn't sign up for this, and I will fight you old man!" I yelled, pushing forward.
Harry quickly held me back, scared of what I would've done.

"It's already settled."

-