6

-

I never knew peace.
I never knew heartbreak.
Soon I would experience both,
Making my body ache.

-
"Omg! Elaine are you okay?!" Pansy asked as Draco and I walked into the common room.
My hand was wrapped up in bandages, but the blood had bled through a bit, making it seem a little more gruesome than it was.

"What is he doing with you?!" Pansy asked and glared at Draco. She noticed my hand and quickly held it up.

"Did he do this to you?!" She asked getting heated up.
All of the Slytherins were now crowding around us.

"No, I did not!" Draco scoffed and rolled his eyes.
Pansy crossed her arms, not believing him.

"It's true.. we were in detention and some broken glass cut me. I'm fine, I promise." I said reassuring her that nothing happened.
She smiled and hugged me relieved that I was okay.

"See you later tiny," Draco said and began to walk away.

"Don't call me that Malfoy!" I yelled after him.

"Whatever.. tiny," he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him and gave him the finger.

"Elaine!" Pansy laughed at my outburst, hitting my shoulder gently.
"Had to be done." I giggled, rubbing my forehead.

-

"Okay okay.. so Malfoy was worried about you?" Pansy asked.

We were laying in our dorm beds talking about the day. We were talking about what happened with the golden trio, with Snape, and with Draco.

"I wouldn't say he was worried about me.. more concerned.." I said and flopped down beside Pansy on her bed.

"That's the same thing!" She laughed hitting me with a pillow.

Suddenly the door flew up.
"Can you two be quiet?! People are trying to sleep!" An older girl with curly blonde hair yelled. She slammed the door shut, making more noise than we had.

"She needs to chill... it's Friday!" Pansy laughed.
I laughed with her for a while before yawning.

"I guess she's right though... goodnight," I said as I turned off the light.

"Goodnight."

-

"Elaine!" A strange voice yelled.
"Elaine!" It kept yelling.
Everything was black, I didn't even feel like I was present in the moment, it felt more like a.. memory...
"They're not who you think they are" the strange voice whispered.
I tried following the voice but I couldn't find out what direction it came from.
Suddenly a white light appeared making me squint.
"Elaine.." a soft woman's voice called. A figure appeared in front of me.
Her hair was long and red. Her face had a soft blush and her eyes were brown, reminding me of melting honey.
"I'm sorry.." she whispered before disappearing again.
As she disappeared a loud scream could be heard. It sounded like somebody was getting murdered.
After the scream, I could hear a baby cry. Everything began to shake, but I couldn't move.
The crying became louder.. and louder.. and louder.. until-

-

I woke up screaming. Pansy was already by my bed, but this time no students were around.

I looked around the room panicking. Pansy tried to hold eye contact but it was no help, I was having a panic attack.

"Elaine you need to calm down," Pansy said rubbing my shoulder.

"No... no.. no.. no!" I sobbed in her arms. My face was wet from my tears, and my throat sore from screaming.

"I need to go," I said and quickly got out of bed. "Go? Go where?!" Pansy asked concerned.

"I don't know I just- I need to go!" I answered and grabbed my jacket.

I ran out of our dorm into the common room. My head was spinning but I wasn't hyperventilating anymore.

"Blythe?" A familiar voice asked.
Of course, he was awake...

I turned around and faced the boy. My eyes were red from crying and I couldn't speak probably due to hyperventilating.

"I can't do this right now Malfoy!" I said and ran out.

I ran out in the hall hoping I wouldn't get caught.
The wind was cold, and would occasionally make me shiver, but I didn't mind, it was kind of comforting.

I reached the lake. The moonlight was reflecting beautifully in the water, making sparkles appear.

I finally calmed down at the sight.
I sat for a while against the familiar tree, this had quickly become my safe place.

The sun began to rise and I sighed looking at the golden light appearing delicately over the lake. It was beautiful.

After a while, I stood up.
I walked closer to the lake and sat with my feet in the water.
I flinched at the cold touch, but it was nice. I had never gone swimming before, I had never even had a bath - only showers.

I hesitated a bit before taking my pajamas off. I was only in my underwear and bra now.

I gently walked in the water, letting my hands feel the cold touch.
Soon enough the water went up to my torso. I laughed at the feeling, it was weird, but wonderfully weird.

I took a deep breath inhaling the morning air. I exhaled as I looked up at the sky, before putting my head underwater.
As I was underwater I opened my eyes. It was strange, almost blurry. There were no sounds, only silent bubbles or waves.
Everything was so calm and quiet - so peaceful. At that moment I realized what peace was. In my whole life, I've never had peace, until now. Sure, it wouldn't last long, but that didn't matter to me, as long as I got those few seconds of peace, that's what mattered.

To feel at peace.

-