19

-

The pain you had caused me
left me with scars.
First I hated you for what you did
But then I thought,
It must be miserable living like you.
Without love.

-

I let out a loud groan, feeling a warm liquid coming from my skull.
I slowly stood up, holding my hand against the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.
My head was pounding, and my heart beating harshly out of my skull.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, trying to make my vision clear again.

"Are we okay? Blimey, Elaine! We're not the ones bleeding violently!" Hermione exclaimed, spectating my head.
I let myself chuckle lightly, relieved that they were okay.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?" Hermione asked, her voice slightly shaking as we walked up the squeaking stairs.

"Come on," Harry said, ignoring Hermione's question, I gulped lightly, scared of what was about to happen next.

"Ron!" Harry said, walking into an old room. Ron was sitting on an old chair, his face pale and his hands trembling.

"Ron. You're okay!" Hermione exclaimed, relieved to see the boy alive.

"The dog. Where is it?" Harry asked. I bit my lip, knowing it was Sirius.

"Harry it's a trap. He's the dog. He's an Animagus!" Ron said, pointing to the other side of the room.

We slowly looked behind us, seeing a wet foot patch trail. Sirius was revealed behind the door, his eyes burning right through Harry's.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" Hermione warned, stepping in front of Harry.

"No. Only one will die tonight" Sirius said, taking me by surprise.

"Sirius-" I began but was quickly cut off by Harry.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry yelled, running forward towards the frail man. He tackled him to the ground before pointing his wand at his neck with shaking hands.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius laughed. I felt my stomach turn, confused as to what Sirius's intentions were.

"Expelliarmus!" A familiar voice suddenly yelled, making Harry's wand fly back. It was professor Lupin.

Lupin motioned for Harry to get out of the way, which Harry quickly did. He ran back to Hermione trying to catch his breath.

"Well, well, Sirius. Looking rather ragged, aren't we? Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within" Lupin said, pointing his wand towards Sirius.

I couldn't comprehend what was happening, I thought Lupin and Sirius were friends.
My head was hurting and my world spinning, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stay awake.

"Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you Remus?" Sirius laughed. Suddenly Lupin offered Sirius his hand, pulling him up from the floor. They shared a tight hug, wrapping each other's arms harshly around each other.

"I found him. It's him. Let's kill him!" Sirius laughed maniacally.
I looked confused at the two, I thought they only wanted to help, not kill.

"No! I trusted you! And all this time, you've been his friend. He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!" Hermione yelled, referring to Lupin. I widened my eyes at her statement, my vision going fuzzier and fuzzier.

"How long have you known?" Lupin asked curiously, yet impressed.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay," Hermione said, her voice trembling. I didn't know how she did it, she was so brave. Maybe that's why she's in Gryffindor and I'm not.