CHAPTER 0

Eorthe was a world made of magic.

Magic was the ultimate source of life.

It was the bridge that connected the various lands and cultures divided by nature.

Even if it was only a minuscule amount, every life on the planet from a microscopic plankton to a mighty dragon had magic embedded within them.

In such a world, The Continent of Elan was made of powerful mages, witches, swordmasters, and majestic creatures, and standing on top of it is the powerhouse of the continent, The Empire of Orion.

Among all the countries, The Orion Empire was blessed with the most fertile land, magnificent planes, and talented individuals.

The empire was founded by Emperor Arthur Caiden Orion, the strongest emperor in history.

But before it rose to its glory the land was corrupted with darkness till the depths. It filled the hearts of people with evil and drove them to misery, bringing destruction to everyone and everything.

Emperor Arthur fought the forces of evil that occupied the land along with his brave comrades.

He was aided by the Hero of Orion, whose name was forgotten by history, and the Great Sage Arthmus Stein.

Under the blessing of Goddess Eir, they defeated the forces of the great evil and brought light to the continent.

The Hero of Orion sacrificed his life in the process and was said to have become a part of the Goddess Eir.

Emperor Arthur reigned for more than ten years before passing down the throne to his younger brother Emperor Philip.

Having relinquished his title and status, Emperor Arthur went on a pilgrimage across the continent to destroy the remnants of evil.

To the north of Orion's capital, Volos was built the Temple of Eir for the goddess of long life Eir. It was located on top of Mount Zion, the mountain bordering the Oric Ocean. It was the first temple established by Emperor Arthur in memory of his fallen comrade the Hero of Orion before he left on his pilgrimage.

Since its establishment, there was a widespread belief that after praying to goddess Eir, if one were to light a lantern with the name of their loved one engraved on it. It will reach the goddess and she will bestow them with a long and prosperous life.

Lovers usually come to the highest cliff on the night of the full moons and light lanterns to pledge their eternal love.

And...

It was exactly from the top of this cliff that I was hanging for dear life.

Because this is not just any world.

This world was the romance fantasy book that I read in my previous life.

A choice that I would regret for years to come.

"The Hero of Orion"