Chapter 158

Like coincidences tend to happen, we found ourselves in each other presence on more than one occasion. 

We met time and time again like two hands of a clock. Sometimes by fate, others by design.

But this... was by no means a coincidence.

"!"

I held my breath at the sight before my eyes. Unknown emotions I had never experienced before held me bound to thoughts as the world around me faded into oblivion. The only sound I could hear was the beating of my own unsettled heart which was racing in a chaotic phase. 

With my state of mind in pandemonium, I need not look to know that the glamor magic was long undone leaving me unmasked to the cold air.

Under the rays of the three moons glistening the night, Angelica slowly rose from the bottom of the lake like a spirit shattering the walls between the realms and descending into the world.

Her platinum mane stuck to her pale skin, as droplets of water slithered down her lips like rare pearls of the ocean. The emerald irises of her eyes curved as a hazy yet seductive smile adorned her lips. 

Like a lone hunter entranced by a witch's spell, 'I was enchanted

My eyes widened as my legs started moving with a mind of their own. Before I knew it, I was shifting through the veins blocking my way toward the lake Angelica was in. Even though her blue locks were as graceful as the morning sky, her true self was unparalleled by any other.

Earlier when Angelica left the camp after an argument with her companions, I followed her in secret while maintaining a safe distance. But this was more than what I bargained for.

Right when I was about to step of out the shadows I heard the sound of voices around us. The childlike clatter of voices was enough to snap me out of the trance.

Within a matter of seconds, winged beings emerged from the sky and encircled Angelica like bees attracted to the scent of flowers. They caught her attention long enough for me to step back in the nick of time, leaving her oblivious to my presence in the shadows.

'That was close...' I took a step back and leaned behind a tree.

In the past, I have heard rumors of a fairy forest hidden inside Eldom. Even though I have traveled through these lands before this is the first time I have seen this path. It must have been concealed with magic since fairies are known for their hatred toward humans. 

The fairy forest is like an entirely different world hidden in Eldom. I least expected to cross into their territory when following after Angelica as usual.

When I turned back to look at Angelica, I was greeted by an unexpected visitor.

"Heee?"

A fairy that had strayed away from the rest of its group, flew before my eyes. Much like their voices, the fairies had a similar childlike appearance, and the one in front of me had a confused look on her face.

Although I had never seen a fairy before, I am well educated about its characteristics. Being the purest forms of magical beings, they are attracted to those of the brightest of souls or so the legend goes. While I might be questionable in that aspect, I bore no ill will to their kind. It must be one of the reasons I was able to cross over their barrier with ease.

"Sssh" I beckoned and pointed towards Angelica in the water.

As if it understood the message the fairy trailed back on its way, mimicking my action. 

I chose to stay hidden and stand watch as Angelica continued to play with the fairies. There seem to be more fairies around the lake than compared to when we first arrived. And aside from the one that spotted me, it was obvious that the rest of the fairy folk were knowingly avoiding the area I was in. At least they do not intend to expose me.