CHAPTER 54

"Ahem"

"..."

"Madam"

"..."

"Madam!"

"Wha..." I jolted, startled by the voice.

Nathaniel was standing in front of me with hands behind his back. I quickly closed the book in my hand and looked at him.

"Ahem... It's time for dinner" He said, taking a glance at the pile of books surrounding me.

I was sitting on the window sill surrounded by you-know-what books. There were ten to twelve books in the least.

Dinner?

I looked out the window. It was completely dark outside. I was so engrossed in reading that I didn't notice the time fly by.

Makes sense though, there's not a single clock in this mansion.

Can't believe I skipped lunch and snack time.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to feel a teeny bit hungry.

Then I realized something.

How long has Nathaniel been standing here? Did he see the books?

I didn't notice him at all. I tend to forget about the materialistic world when I start reading BL. I should be concentrating as to not let down my guard. But I couldn't help myself and started mowing down the books when I saw them.

I got down feeling embarrassed. It felt like I got caught red-handed for sneaking out. But the most agonizing thing was that there was no change in Nathaniel's expression.

I started arranging the scattered books while hoping that I wasn't found out.

"You can leave that to the library staff"

There's a library staff?

Behind Nathaniel, there was a young man, about the same age as him. He came forward and bowed before me. He looked like a quiet and docile person.

A perfect match for our sadistic butler.

'In the deepest darkest corner of the library, were a secret pair of lovers. They were desperately holding onto each other. Only whispers were heard in between their....'

Noooooo....... stop thinking like that!

I bit my lips trying to hold it in. I dashed towards the opposite shelf and pulled out two books in random.

'Holy thoughts. Holy thoughts'

Good thing is that the butler didn't seem to have noticed the particular genre I was interested in. Let's just walk out like there wasn't any weird stuff going on.

The best way to avoid suspicion is to 'walk out like you own the place' and not acknowledge anything. This is a technique that I have mastered even in my previous life.

I walked past the duo while trying to keep my imagination under control.

The books I chose were 'The Animal kingdom in Velven' and 'Species of birds in Velven'. They sure have a lot of books regarding the Velven Empire. Then again, this library has literally everything.

" *cough* Bring dinner to my room. I would like to continue my reading there"

"Yes madam" He paused

"I will have an assortment of books sent to your room, Madam" He continued, eyeing the assortment of books by the window.

I clenched the books in my hand.

He definitely saw it.

I could feel my face getting flushed from the embarrassment.