Chapter 126

"Those idiots!"

Ann seethed in anger.

Nobody was perfect.

Everyone had their own strengths and weaknesses. 

The weaknesses that we have are our own responsibilities. It is upon one's self to either overcome or succumb to it.

Ann stormed through the forest like a wild bull on a rampage. Unable to think, she went deeper and deeper into the woods without a sense of direction.

"I may not be an expert. But I'm not the worst cook!"

After saying that, Ann felt a prickle in her conscience.

"Fine. So what if I am the worst?"

She shouted with all her might, stomping her feet.

"At least I'm trying!"

Ann took a deep breath to calm down.

It was relaxing to let the anger out in the air. 

It was just one of their usual squabbles. All will be back to normal once she smacks Noah and Oliver a few times.

Just the thought of pulling the hair out of their heads brought immense satisfaction.

A thought occurred to Ann.

If they were so worried about her cooking skills that they bought her a book. Then they should have it in them to be the first ones to taste the dishes made from recipes present in the book.

"Just you wait... hehe"

An evil smile crept upon her face. Being bad at something might come in handy in times of need.

Now that the rage was out of her system. Ann noticed the strangeness in the atmosphere.

The forest was quiet. No animals, no insects, or even the wind. It was too quiet to the point that it was eerie.

It was because before she knew it, she had wandered into the depths of Eldom.

"I am an idiot"

Ann placed her hands on her hips and looked around.

Thanks to the moons the forest was bright enough to navigate without the use of an alternate source of light.

Though Ann denied it during the day when she was with Eugene. Officially, she was lost.

After contemplating for a few minutes she decided to head north. If she were able to pinpoint the location of the river. She would be able to walk downstream and find the camp.

Suddenly Ann felt something strange in the air. It was as if she had walked through a thin and soft wall. 

"Huh? What was that?"

She turned around and searched behind her. She waved her hands around back and forth to check. 

But there was nothing in the air.

'Am I seeing things now that I'm lost?'

Unknown to Ann she had walked past a magical barrier that was hidden in Eldom.

Before she could pry more into it, Ann heard a familiar sound.

*chirp*

Though she could not see it. She instinctively knew who it was.

It was the bird.

The bird that frequently appeared only to her but disappeared before she could catch it. Earlier when she asked Eugene about the bird he could neither hear nor see it.