Chapter 93

Not this again.

The light breeze in the air tickled my cheek, urging me to open my eyes.

The sky was painted a beautiful shade of red with the orange sun setting beyond the horizon. The ocean below was glimmering like a carpet of stars. It was a picturesque sight mesmerizing enough to take a person's breath away.

I was able to recognize the all too familiar scene in an instant.

I was dreaming.

Again.

And as usual, I had no control over the reins of the system.

I was even wearing the same white strappy backless summer dress that only reached to my knees.

Since I've been through this dream countless times over the years, I knew exactly how it would play out like the back of my hand.

Just then, the wind blew and ruffled my hair over my face.

"Ahh"

I held my hair that was fluttering all over my face with my hand and looked towards the sea. I could hear the seagulls from the distance that were flying across the sky enjoying their freedom.

And right on cue, Mr. Faceless Handsome called out to me from behind.

I could feel my face unconsciously curve into a beautiful smile as the man walked towards me.

The loose white shit. The tall and muscular build.

The feeling of nostalgia was too strong for it to be just a dream. It felt like there was a deeper connection between me and whoever he was.

As always, I was unable to see his face since it was blurred. He took my hand into his in a natural manner and tenderly placed a kiss on the back.

When he started talking with a warm smile on his lips, all I could hear was the rhythmic sound of the waves.

Whatever he was saying was effective enough to cause a stir inside my heart.

I took deep breaths and averted my eyes away from him.

My face was hot.

I could feel my heart beating faster and faster just by looking at the movement of his lips.

Even when I tried to read his lips to figure out what he was talking about. It was pointless since I always ended up getting distracted and lost sight of the goal halfway through.

Just what is this man saying to make me feel like this?

We started walking as per the schedule, holding each other's hands in a tight grasp.

Leaving traces of our footsteps on the soft sand, we continued on our path while looking at each other's smile.

Countless times I have been through this dream. Yet it never fails to make me feel.... at home.

After walking along the shore for a while, he yanked my hand and made me fall into his chest.

Surprised by the sudden pull, I clenched my fingers on his shoulder to steady my footing on the ground.

I don't know why. No matter how many times this happens. I always end up falling face-first toward his chest.

Then again, I have no control over this dream since I was experiencing it just like a movie in the theatre. The only difference was that I was playing a part in the film rather than watching it from the audience seat.

With a warm smile on his face, he gently lifted my face towards his. Like magnets attracted to each, our lips came together in slow motion.

I closed my eyes and gave in to the tender feeling bubbling inside me.